Today was our 'day off' ! I never used to understand why my mom and dad would have such a difficult time relaxing when they were home from work. Well, it's now beginning to make sense. :) Even on our day off, D and I ended up doing work related things. We dropped a box of yogurt off @ the shop, then took some paperwork up to the city regarding our permit for an outdoor seating area. We then went looking for Ross Park ( located in West laffy) and spent the afternoon hiking in the woods. D has been wanting to go mushroom hunting. One of our employees sent us a picture of a morrell mushroom that she and her family found and he's been wanting to find one ever since. haha While we didn't find any mushrooms, we *did* have a fun time hiking through the woods. The hiking trails were barely existent so it was almost as if we were really lost in the woods. haha There were a ton of trees down and the path was overgrown, so we were climbing over fallen logs and being slapped in the face by tree branches. I will be extremely surprised if one of us doesn't have poison ivy or a tick. On our way back to civilization, we stopped by a public entrance to the Wabash river, which was pretty cool. I had actually never been to this particular neck of the woods before. I really enjoyed it!
After our adventure, we stopped by a local Mexican grocery store to check out their produce and then headed to HuHot for dinner. I love this place---it's a Mongolian Self-serve Grill where you create your own stir fry and watch while the grillmaster cooks it on this giant turntable. My favorite part is that it's pretty healthy! We then stopped by Hobby Lobby to look for a few things and headed home. I've spent the majority of the evening working on housework and updating the wally facebook.
Here are a few photos from our day:
| @ The beginning of the trail |
| We climbed over that giant log |
| A cute little stream! |
| Near fishing spot |
| Dinner! |
I've finally had a chance to start uploading some pictures from my phone to my flickr account. So I will now be able to post some of the ones that I've taken over the past few weeks/months. But it will have to be another day because I'm getting sleepy!
Night, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment