Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Moving Update...

Well, Diego left for Cali four weeks ago today. Can't believe it's been a month already. It seems like forever ago. More than likely I won't be heading out there for at least another month. Originally, I had planned on leaving the first week of June, but Diego hasn't really worked much at all this past month and so we're short on money and don't have an apartment lined up.  So it's looking like I probably won't get out there until late June. At least, that's what I'm leaning towards right now. The plans could change at any time. We may leave sooner, we may leave later. Who the hey knows?! haha

Yesterday I got a call from the moving company saying that the movers would be here this morning. So Jennica, Mom, and I headed down to Laffy to finish packing up my things. I think we got almost everything finished up and ready to go! It was quite sad and I'm feeling a bit melancholy. :( Anyways, so then they called back later in the evening and said that there was a change of plans and the movers won't be here until Saturday morning sometime.  I guess the truck was filled up so they have to make a couple stops and drop some things off before they head over this way.  It kind of stinks because I'm supposed to be going wedding dress shopping with Kristina on Saturday. I might be able to get my dad to go let the movers in though...we'll see.

Here are some photos from the packing on Tuesday:

Mi Hermana
Hillbilly packing job...haha

Lots and lots of boxes...

Actually, it's not as much as I thought we'd have...but I'm pretty sure that we're probably over our estimated weight already. lol...

Jennica and I went by campus on Tuesday to drop my graduation gown off . While we were there I browsed the bookstore for Purdue gear! haha Here's the wishlist I came up with:

Now I will be the first to admit that I haven't had a lot of school spirit, but it's amazing how that Purdue pride kicks in once you graduate and are getting ready to move to a new place. As i was browsing through the bookstore, I wanted to grab everything with the Purdue stamp. haha. This coming from the girl who doesn't own anything Purdue.  Oh, except for that Purdue sweatshirt I bought like a year ago and rarely wear. haha. Before that the only things I had bearing the Purdue mark were the tuition bills that I received each semester. haha. Now I"m all excited about getting Purdue bumper decals for my car, the whole Purdue thing around the license plate, the keychains, the things to hang on the wall, the mugs. haha. I think it's because I'm moving so far away. Around here everyone has something that says Purdue so it doesn't really mean a whole lot. But out there in Cali, it will be different. If I run into a fellow Purdue alum, there will be this certain kinship. Sounds sappy, but I think it's really true. Plus, I'm hoping to have a classroom to decorate eventually and what better way to decorate than with a bunch of Purdue banners? hehe ;)

Anyways, in other news. Diego's had a couple interviews this week. He got a job offer for some lighting company, but I think that's going to be a last resort because the pay isn't that great and there are no benefits. He's still hoping to hear back from the Santa Monica Pier job. Plus, he has three interviews lined up for tomorrow. Tow at staff agencies and one about some energy auditing position. So we'll see what happens.

Okie dokie, I'll share a couple photos from today and then I'm outtie. ;)

My graduation announcements came in the mail the other day. I'm super excited about them. I really wanted to order some, but didn't have the money to spend on them. Now thanks to my parents, I have them. Thanks Mom and Dad! :)

:D


I went to the Rensl. library to study today. (They now have free wi-fi...sweet!) While I was there I checked out my old stomping ground. This was my favorite section when I was younger because it contained all the books by my favorite christian fiction author Linda Chaiken! I don't really read a lot of Christian fiction these days ( I don't think they offer many quality books) but I have to admit that I still love Linda Chaiken. haha :p

Last but not least, here are some pictures from the house. They started tearing up the blacktop in the driveway at my parents and will be putting in new concrete. This is what they accomplished today:

They tore up some of the grass to make the driveway a little wider.


They're redoing the sidewalk as well.

Oh, and this is the lamp post that Grandma knocked over when she was backing up. haha


Well, that's all folks. Night night.

No comments: