Friday, May 27, 2011

What A Week!

Wow, I'm exhausted. It's been such a long week.  I've been working on this dreaded analytical report for so long and I FINALLY finished it today. What a relief! I have about a 1-1.5 wks. worth left in the class and then I will be free! I can't wait! This class has been kicking my butt..haha.

Tomorrow's my graduation party....and of course it's supposed to rain. :P This happened last year @ our cookout too. Crazy Indiana weather, always ruining our parties :p So yeah, Mom and Jennica went down to Lafayette to buy all the supplies for the party while I was stuck at home finishing my report. So yeah, we've been busy getting everything ready around here. Mom made a seven layer salad, Jennica and Mom made deviled eggs, I made a corn salad ( I got the recipe from my marvelous friend Beth who is always whipping up yummy things) and I'm making a chocolate sheet cake.  They also picked up a cake from Yellow bowl Bakery in Lafayette.  Dad's been busy putting his new grill together that Mom got him last year and also cleaning out the pool. It was a mess from all these storms we've been having! 

Diego has been having a bunch of interviews, so that's good news.  He has a third interview scheduled for this really nice job in Beverly Hills. I think it will be on Tuesday....so I'm extremely anxious to find out how it goes.

I've been really stressed the past week or so...I've been in a weird mood and I know I've probably been grouchy.  But today I just had a moment where I realized how blessed I am and how truly thankful I am for all the goodness in my life.  I was thinking about the tornado victims in Missouri and hearing all those devastating stories....It made me feel so blessed.  Yes, I have frustrations and stresses, but I am alive, I have my health, my family and friends are alive.....I was watching the news and the reporter was talking to these three teenagers.  Their mom went to the store and was gone when the tornado hit.....she never came home.  they found her car, the seatbelt still buckled, and they found one of her shoes.  They thought that she was sucked out of the car.  And that's just one of many horrific stories.  I simply cannot imagine the devastation...what that would feel like, and I hope that I never have to experience something like that.  I wish that no one had to experience such awful things. So in spite of my crazy moods, I am so very, very grateful for the simple things in life.  :)

I'll leave you with some photos from this week....


My cake from the Yellow Bowl Bakery in Lafayette...I'll let you know how it tastes ;)

Isn't it pretty? It's strawberry with vanilla buttercream frosting. Everyone was mad at me because they wanted chocolate cake :P haha I can't help it if I love strawberry! ;)

Dad put his grill together for the party! It's mammoth! Mom got it for him last year for Father's Day...yes, procrastination does run in the family :P


Dad's been working on cleaning out the pool...It was all messy from the storms we've been having....
but he's got it sparkling and clear!

Jennica's recipe box and cards that I made her for Christmas last year. I asked everyone to write down their favorite recipes and included them in the box.  A great gift if I do say so myself ;) hehe..I actually bought one of these boxes for myself. I just haven't had time to make all the recipe cards and the dividers. It's a lot of work!

I love, love, LOVE cherries! They are one of my absolute favorite fruits ever. I've been eating them by the bowlful the last week or so haha. I have a slight addiction. :P but i guess there could be worse addictions, right?

My favorite chocolate cake recipe. It's the best!


So I've been trying to eat healthy lately....lots of fruits and veggies. This was my first time eating asparagus! I'm not quite sure how I felt about it...it had kind of a different, almost bitter taste, and yet it tasted so good. There was this addictiveness about it that's hard to explain. It left me wanting more. lol...

The new sidewalk @ the house....


Isn't it pretty? Of course, it stormed the day that they put it down.....I think most of it was ok though. There might be one small spot that was affected. 


The pretty balloons that mi familia got me for my party tomorrow! Aren't they nice?!

The cake that I'm baking....it's taking longer than usual...but then I did triple the recipe so that might have something to do with it. I hope it turns out ok!

Well, that's all folks! As soon as this cake is out, I'm going to hit the hay. G'nite!

No comments: