that I didn't get the job. :( It's 10:17 am and I haven't heard anything from the school. Major disappointment. :( I was really thinking that I might get this one. You would think that they would at least let me know that they hired someone else. I was really starting to get excited about this job, I think it would have been so much fun and also a learning experience. Ah well, there must be something else out there for me, right? I can only hope...but I don't know what other job would top this one. It seemed pretty perfect....... :(
Well, I'm not sure what to do with my day now. I desperately need to go to the gym. I also need to do some baking. Laundry is calling my name. I did two loads last night, but still have about three more left. I need to straighten up the apartment. I need to send a copy of D's car insurance into the DMV by the 10th. And I need to get a package mailed out to mi familia. I think we may be heading over to D's fam's house this evening. D has to take some tool over there and then I'm going to go sign up for a class.
I decided to take another Wilton decorating class and I looked them up just in time because they start this week. I've already taken Level 1--the Basics, but I knew that D's mom was wanting to take a class so I asked her if she would want to go with me. So I think his mom and his sis Rachel are going to go to the class with me. The classes are held at a Michaels store, they actually have a TON of different Michaels around here, but I went with the one in Hawthorne because they have a Friday night class. Typically I wouldn't want to take a Friday class, but I figured that would be best just in case I happen to get hired @ Sylvan. They would want me to work M-Th. But now I'm wondering if it would be best to sign up for a Wednesday class because I still haven't heard anything from them. Augh! I hate this horrible game! I hate searching for a job, getting my hopes up just to have them crash and burn! :P Yes, I'm feeling a bit grouchy today!!! :P
Anyways, so we need to go sign up for the class and buy supplies. I should probably have most of the supplies already, I might just need to buy a couple things.
Back to my weekend review:
Sunday:
Last week we watched a church service online and really liked it, so we decided to check it out in person this week. I thought that it was only about 15 min. away, but it ended up being up on the northern part of the city, well north east actually, so it was probably @ least a 30 min. drive. They call themselves WACC (pronounced 'whack') and it stands for Whittier Area Community Church. On this particular day, they were celebrating their 40th anniversary! So it was kind of nice, we got the story/timeline/history of their church, which was really interesting. They presented a musical in which the choir performed songs through each decade and then there was a brief video presentation for each as well. It was pretty lighthearted and funny! The place is huge! It was large building and lots of people!
 |
| The platform is straight ahead up in that dark corner.... |
 |
| View of the sanctuary from where we were sitting... |
Their music is amazing!!! They have a worship band and their style/sound reminds me so much of Campus House @ Purdue. I always LOVED Campus House's music and the WACC worship band is what really caught our attention here as well. It's that modern band sounds, but with intense worship and some really great lyrics. Everyone really got into the music/worship and it was great! The pastor also seems pretty down to earth and has a dry sense of humor. His sermons are very intellectual, yet real. At least so far....I think we will definitely be going back next week.
In celebration of 40 years, they had a bunch of tents set up outside with information booths about all the different groups/ministries that the church has to offer. There was live music, a bunch of children's activities, food trucks. It was pretty nice! So we enjoyed some donut holes, grabbed a few fliers, and agreed that we would definitely be coming back.
 |
| On our way into the sanctuary, I snapped a photo of the front of the building |
 |
| haha i thought this catering truck was funny...Truck Norris....ya know Chuck Norris. I can't stand the guy's movies and his acting and thought this truck was hilarious...hehe |
 |
| All the booths that were set up outside |
 |
| They had bunch of fun activities for the kiddies... |
 |
| Diego browsing through the pamphlets. They have a Post College group that I'm really interested in! I would like to check it out! |
 |
| Final shot of the food trucks as we left...the food smelled SOOO good! |
As we left the church and were looking for the free way we drove past an Asian Supermarket. We both love to go to places like that, so we decided to check it out. I think Diego was mainly interested in the noodles. He's been hooked on ramen noodles for a couple months now. I like them too...so we were looking for a more authentic version. It was a really interesting store and we probably spent a good hour there browsing through all the different foods. When I first visited Mexican Supermarkets, everything felt so unfamiliar, but this time, I felt like I was in a completely foreign world. haha. I had no clue what most of this stuff was or how you would prepare it. It was all so mysterious! I would see something and wonder, wow, what IS that? How in the world would you prepare it?
So yeah, it was a lot of fun just wandering through the store. I think we were about the only non-Asian people in there. Here are a few photos of what we saw:
 |
| They had a lot of tasty looking things in their bakery, but I had no clue what everything was because things weren't labeled in English. |
 |
| Diego excited because he found some weird drink with lychee flavor. He just lychees for the first time this summer and LOVES them! |
 |
| Reading the label on a package of seaweed... |
 |
| Salted duck eggs? I wonder they taste anything like a hard boiled chicken egg? |
 |
| They keep the chicken heads attached.....gross!!! |
 |
| Green tea and lychee flavored ice cream... |
 |
| A bag of anchovies, that's not a common sight at most grocery stores... |
 |
| They had TONS of seafood... |
 |
| I found this a bit disturbing... |
 |
| Poor fishies...they don't even know what awaits them... |
 |
| Or maybe they do...that would be even worse... |
 |
| I don't know why I was so obsessed w/ taking pictures of the seafood...since I don't even eat it! |
 |
| Some neapolitian dessert that I thought looked yummy...I was kind of disappointed...it had a different taste that I couldn't really identify. It tasted kind of like a nutty flavoring. Whatever it was, I didn't care for it. :( $3.20 down the drain! :P |
We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening hanging out with D's family.
 |
| Chicho and Diego trying to fix Crystal's bike...it took them a little while :P |
 |
| Big Show looking as cute and slobbery as ever!!! ;) |
 |
| Sorting onions...so many onions...(trying to picture dad standing in this back yard filled with boxes and boxes full of onions...hehe!) (( he HATES onions!)) |
 |
| Ripping up Chicho's old Tshirts to use as rags for our carwash. We washed three different cars! Mine, Alicia's and Crystal's. Oh, and their dad's car. I guess that's four :P |
 |
| haha the definition of sexy...LOL! :P |
 |
| Jessie found some navy pin to add to Irma's very patriotic outfit.. |
 |
| Trying to start a fire.... |
 |
| Doesn't take much to entertain them that's for sure.... |
 |
| So then we decided to go to Five Guys in Carson for dinner. Chicho and Crystal knew I had never eaten there and wanted to try it, so they asked us to go... |
 |
| They really do have AMAZING burgers! |
 |
| Trying to decide what to order... |
 |
| I found out that their "regular" hamburger is actually a double! And their "small " is really a "normal" single burger. Wish I would have known that before I ordered! But it was really good!!! And the cajun fries!!! Excellent! |
 |
| Silvia and Joe decided to take a study break to join us... |
 |
| It was a little windy so napkins were flying everywhere and some people were cold. haha. wimps! :P They don't know what real cold is ;) hehe |
After dinner, D and I headed over to Target to pick up a few things...I snapped a few pictures of some items that I liked....
 |
| I have been obsessed w/ owls lately!!! |
 |
| Target always has such cute photo albums!!! |
 |
| Love this bag!!1 |
So yeah, that pretty much sums up my weekend. By the time we got home Sunday night, I had a roaring headache that was turning into a migraine. So I took some ibuprofen and went straight to bed. I woke up around 4am and it was pretty much gone but it kind of lingered all day yesterday. It felt like it could come back @ any moment. I hate migraines!!! I don't know what the trigger was...maybe being out in the hot sun? I dunno...I just know that when I get these kind of headaches that bright lights bother me, I need a cool, dark place to lay down, i start feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach. It sucks! Thankfully, I'm feeling ok today so far!
Well, i really need to go accomplish something! Happy Tuesday everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment