Happy Halloween, everyone! Did anyone get any trick or treaters? Since we live in a gated senior living community, we didn't get any.....It would have been fun to pass out some candy, but oh well. I've never really gotten into Halloween that much ( I don't really like to dress up) but I do enjoy looking at other people's creative costumes.
Yesterday D and I finally got around to carving pumpkins! yay! It was fun! So I guess that was how we celebrated Halloween. Here are some pics:
 |
| moi...sitting in the backyard @ The Robles house |
 |
| One side of Chicho's pumpkin...he carved it freehand |
 |
| Getting ready to work on our pumpkins... |
 |
| I chose the creepy hand in front of a gravestone.. |
 |
| Chicho carving the other side of his pumpkin |
 |
| Bigshow! |
 |
| Diego trying to figure out his pumpkin desin |
 |
| Hard @ work |
 |
| My pumpkin! One of the fingers fell off, but Diego fixed it by adding a toothpick.. |
 |
| D with his redneck pumpkin! |
 |
| Me with my pumpkin... |
 |
| This was Crystal's pumpkin...a knife, spoon, and fork |
 |
| The other side of Chicho's pumpkin |
Yup, so that's how we spent our Sunday afternoon.....carving pumpkins! It was pretty fun! I saved a bunch of the pumpkin seeds and I think I may try to roast them in the oven. Before we left, I lined all the pumpkins up on the front steps.....too bad we never saw them lit. :(
I still have a bunch of pictures left to add from this past week. I'll start by adding the pictures that we took when we went out to eat with Larry and Alicia last week.
 |
| Farris Wheel @ Pine Ave. in Long Beach |
 |
| We had a coupon for a free steak @ Outback that we needed to use by the 27th... |
 |
| Diego looking @ quarters, but unfortunately we only put one in the meter. (don't ask me why!) Shortly after this, we got a parking ticket. :sigh: |
 |
| There are a bunch of nice restaurants in this little area. It's called Pine Ave. Pier in Long Beach |
 |
| We got there a little bit before Larry and Alicia, so we walked around a bit. |
 |
| It was a pretty nice place... |
 |
| I think you can walk over to this lighthouse, but we didn't make it over there this time around...maybe next time! |
 |
| The seashore village was right across the water...We've been there a couple different times...I've posted some pictures of it. That's where we the chocolate covered banana and there's a nice view of the Queen Mary. |
 |
| The pier |
 |
| A really nice ferry that was @ the dock.. |
Anyways, I had a fairly busy day today. I had to go get my TB results from the clinic @ 9:30. Then at 2:00 I went into the office for the first part of my orientation. They had just hired this guy Troy so there were two of us at the meeting. It lasted for about 2.5 hours and we had information overload! So much information and so many papers! They gave us this gigantic binder filled with everything that we need to know! I'm glad that we have all of the info, so I'm not complaining, but it was a lot all at once. We got back tomorrow for the second half.
I actually start working tomorrow morning bright and early. Well, not work really but mainly observing. I'm kind of nervous about it. I will be shadowing some of the senior therapists while they are shadowing this kid "J" @ a local elementary school. It should be interesting.
Well, that's it for today. Hope everyone has had a safe and happy Halloween! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment