Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Sunday!

So today was the Oscars....I watched a small portion of the show, but it didn't really hold my attention so I muted it and watched some hulu instead. haha :P Jennica suggested that I go check out the red carpet last week while they were setting up and honestly I was so tempted. But I didn't make it over there. I suggested it to Diego and he laughed at me. haha He's obviously not a big fan. :P

It's been a busy weekend. On Saturday Diego went over to Berenice and Jacob's new house to help out with the flooring. I spend the afternoon picking up the apartment and trying to finish my Christmas/birthday/Valentine's gift for Diego. I headed over to D's fam's house around 4:30 to have birthday cake for Edgar. It was a different type of birthday party because he actually popped the question and asked Rachel to marry him! haha






Afterwards, we went to a restaurant in Koreatown for dinner.  It was my first time eating at a Korean BBQ and it was pretty fun! I really enjoyed it! Here are a few pictures:

Hanging out in the parking lot...waiting for a table

Mr. Larry!

Edgar and his niece Abigail

Waiting to be seated...this place was extremely busy!!

Jessie, Abigail, and Edgar's two friends

haha goofballs!

Me and Rachel

The lovebirds

Korean BBQ is when they bring you meat and you cook it on a grill that's in the middle of your table. We went to an all you can eat. For $10 per person we had a choice of five different meats. We could have paid $16 and gotten a choice of about 16 different meats.

So cool!

Me and Rachel cooking the meat


And that was our Saturday. I loved the Korean BBQ and would definitely go again! I even ate w/ chopsticks successfully! I've been eating a lot of Chinese and Korean food lately and have been practicing w/ chopsticks for the past two weeks or so....I feel really proud of myself because it's something I've wanted to learn for awhile. It's been on my to do list forever!

Today we got up early for church. Afterwards, we went to our new favorite restaurant The Flame Broiler...it's fast food Korean food. We get these bowls w/ rice, veggies (carrots, cabbage, broccoli, green onions) and meat (chicken and/or beef) w/ a like teriyaki sauce. It's super healthy and super delicious! Larry took us to one a couple weeks ago and I found one near my work in Torrance. We've been eating there a LOT this past week! hehe Anyways, we picked up our food and took it to this park in Hacienda Heights not too far from our church. It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day! We ate at a picnic table in the sun and it was really nice.  This particular park has a lot of cherry blossom trees. I think there's a cherry blossom festival coming up in March that sounds kind of interesting.


We hung out at the park for awhile and then headed over to D's fam's house. I dropped D off (he needed to go over to Berenice's house to help w/ some more things) and headed back to the apartment. I spent the afternoon finishing up D's gift. (yes, I finally got it finished!) D gave me his gift when he got back around 6. He went golfing w/ Larry and I gave him his gift when he got back around 10. I think he liked it so I'm happy about that. I'll try to post some pictures of our gifts tomorrow! Until then, it's a surprise! ;)

In other news, I ordered my plane tickets back to Indiana in April!!!! I will be home from April 21-28th! I'm SUPER excited!!!! :D It's the only week that I can really visit for any length of time (it's my spring break at work)....D and I will be flying out for a long weekend in May for the wedding, but won't be able to stay for a long time. So this is my birthday gift from my parents. Thanks Mom & Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am BEYOND excited! :D

Well, I have some more photos to add from the past couple weeks, but I will have to do that another day. I'll try to update again tomorrow or Tuesday and catch you up on what's been going on in my life for the past couple weeks.

Goodnight, everyone!

(Btw, I heard that Meryl Streep won an Oscar! Yay! I LOVE her!)

No comments: