Friday, February 17, 2012

So Tired!

I have felt so tired today! For the past couple days, I have been teaching two classes in one day, that means a full day! I'd forgotten how tiring it can be to teach all day long! I've definitely had some changes at work.  Last week, my boss informed me that one of the AM teachers was quitting and asked if I would be interested in the position.  Of course, I agreed. They are closing my PM class @ the end of the month because two of my students are heading back to their home countries and there just aren't enough students enrolled. So now I will be teaching an AM beginners class. I started teaching it on Thursday and will continue to teach both of the classes through next week. After that, I'll just have my morning class. 

So a week ago Wednesday was our final interview w/ Boystown.  We drove down to Trabuco Canyon and actually got to meet a bunch of the employees and the kids. We were there for about 2.5 hours and it was extremely informative. They said that they were interviewing a couple other couples and would let us know by the end of this week. So D and I have been waiting anxiously to hear back from them for the past week and a half. They finally called us today and it looks like they decided to go with a different couple. I'll admit that I'm slightly disappointed, but honest, I'm mostly relieved.  I don't know what happened last week during our visit up there, but something clicked off in my brain and I felt that it just wasn't going to work out.  I LOVED the whole set up, I thought it was great. I liked the other couples, I loved the kids that we met....but it just didn't feel like a right fit for this current time.

I've had this nagging feeling for the past week that Boystown is not where we're supposed to be right now. I felt like our interviews went really well...I mean, we got really far in the process. I know that they liked us. On the voicemail they were saying that they're still really interested in us and want to know if we're still interested. If another position would open up in the near future, I think we could be a shoo in for the position. The lady was saying that they've had couples go through the process for a second time and it works out.  I think there was just another couple that was a better fit right now.  And I agree, I think this was the right decision. We had been praying for God's will in the situation and I fully believe that this was indeed His will.  There has to be some reason that we went through this process. I know that something will come out of our experience,although I don't know what exactly.  It's just strange how things work out though.  I've begun to notice that there are no wasted experiences in life. Every experience is beneficial in some way or shape. And it's weird how all these little experiences can add up to one big one. Maybe we left a lasting impression and they'll consider us for a position in the future when the time is right.  Maybe we needed all the interview experience and it will be beneficial later down the road. Maybe it's made us aware of a particular area of S. Cali and we'll end up that direction eventually.  Maybe it was an experience that will strengthen our marriage. I have no clue, but I know there's something beneficial that has/will come from this.

It's just weird how things work sometimes. Right when half my class is leaving for their home countries, the Am teacher quits and I get his position. Coincidence? I don't think so. It's been a very stressful few weeks because everything has just been up in the air. So, I'm glad to at least have an answer about this Boystown deal. And I have a peace that we will end up in the places where we are supposed to be.... I'm anxious to know what the future holds, but at peace. The right doors will open. I know it!

Well, I still have a LOT of updating left to do, but I'll do that in another entry. Right now, I'm waiting for our pizza to get here! Late dinner...haha.  Happy Friday, everyone! :)

1 comment:

Jennica said...

Up until your last meeting, I was positive that you were going to get it...either way, I'm glad you have an answer.

How long does this am class last?