Time for another update! It's been over a week since I last posted! It's been a pretty busy week, or it felt like it anyways. haha. Have been trying to figure out a bridesmaid dress for Bryan and Kristina's wedding in May. D and I have taken turns being sick. It was D's bday. I was trying to organize a birthday gift for him. We've had all the Boystown things. My work is pretty time consuming. D's familia. Lots of things! So here's what our week has looked like:
Tuesday:
Worked and then went to David's Bridal to try on dresses. D was just going to meet me over at the store but I ended up going home to pick him up and I sooooo regretted it! Traffic was horrible on the way home! It wasn't too bad on the way to the store though. So I tried on a bunch of dresses. D was pretty patient considering he hates shopping, especially for things like this!
 |
| He looks so cheerful doesn't he? hehe ;) |
 |
| Me browsing through the dresses |
 |
| I think this one's my favorite...but I would need to get it hemmed |
 |
| Plum---the color that we'll be wearing for the wedding |
 |
| After dress shopping, we decided to eat dinner at a nearby Chinese buffet...yuuum! |
 |
| It was pretty tasty |
 |
| D w/ his plate full of food |
Wednesday:
D's 29th birthday!!!This is the day I started getting sick. :( D'd had a cold over the weekend and he passed it on to me I guess. I woke up on Wednesday feeling all yucky.
Made D french toast for breakfast! We got a package from mi familia filled with all kinds of goodies! Bday cards and gifts for Diego. A card and mail for me! Plus burritos that I'd been hungry for! Yuum!
 |
| Getting ready to open his bday card |
 |
| D looking through his cool fishing book that Jennica got him! |
 |
| Burritos! Yuuuum! |
 |
| Card from my m&d |
 |
| Card for me... |
 |
| Jennica's bday card for D |
 |
| haha! hilarious Def right up D's alley... |
 |
| A handwritten letter from mi hermana!!!!! |
 |
| D STILL looking at his book...you know he really likes it! (he's not much of a reader) |
 |
| Making french toast for breakfast |
 |
| Yum! |
 |
| D enjoying his breakfast :) |
Went to work....At first I didn't think any of my students were going to show, but one of them showed up late. We had a good class, considering it was just one person! haha I let out class a half hour early so that I could run by the grocery store to pick up things for dinner. I thought for sure that his familia would want to take him somewhere for his bday, so I hadn't really planned much. (They always do everything spur of the moment)...but none of his family even called him. they had celebrated on Sunday, so I guess they figured it was over already. His family isn't really into birthday celebrations. They usually have a bday cake on the weekend before or after the birthday and that's it. It's definitely different than the way my family does birthdays. They are a HUGE deal in my family! It's strange how families can be so different....takes some getting used to that's for sure.
Anyways, here are some pictures:
 |
| I got home from the store and D was chillaxin on the couch |
 |
| Homemade pizza...i think it was a little TOO healthy for a bday celebration :P |
 |
| The cake! Poor D had to light his own candles....(I have this crazy fear of fire... Esp when using matches) |
 |
| Poor D...he had to light his own candles AND sing his own bday song... |
Anyways, so D and I just stayed in for his birthday and relaxed. I made homemade pizzas. Picked up some chips and guacamole. Bought a birthday card and rented a movie. I didn't even have a bday gift to give him. (I'm taking him somewhere next week thought.)
For his gift, I'm taking him to a murder mystery dinner theater. hehe. I was trying to get some of his friends/siblings to go, but nada. We were supposed to go this past weekend, but rescheduled since I was sick. Next weekend is filled, so we're going on Tuesday the 14th---Valentine's Day! haha So it's all good...
Thursday:
Was busy w/ work. D went golfing w/ his bro. i worked on lesson plans. Called Kristina to wish her happy birthday and we ended up talking for over an hour. It was nice to catch up!!! OH, Boys town called us and invited us back for a fourth interview! We will be going up to the campus in Trabuco Canyon this time. Schedule to go tomorrow @ 7pm. So we'll see how it goes.... :)
Friday:
D went back to David's Bridal with me again. I tried on a couple more dresses. Went to Panda Express for dinner. Yuuum! I have been OBSESSED w/ Chinese food lately!
Saturday:
D got up really early to go on a hike w/ Larry and Alicia. I still had my cold so I didn't go. I'm trying to remember what we did all day on Saturday...hmmm...I think w just hung around the apt for awhile and then headed over to D's house. There was nobody there at first, except for his dad,but everyone eventually trickled in..
 |
| Tried out this new Bingo game w/ D and his dad! I love Bingo!! hehe |
We went to Panda Express again for dinner. hehe ;) Headed home fairly early because I still wasn't feeling so well.
Sunday:
Church in the AM! Went to lunch and then hung out @ D's house. Superbowl!!! The football part didn't keep my interest, but it was kind of cool knowing that the event was held in Indianapolis!!! Also, I liked the half time show! Gotta love Madonna!
 |
| D got refillable soup @ Boston market...they have really good soup! and it's under $4! |
 |
| Socializing the doogies... |
 |
| The game begins....I watched the first hour of the game and the half time show...that's about it... |
 |
| Chicken wings that Larry and Alicia bought... |
Monday: Didn't sleep very well on Sunday night so D and I were both super tired. Worked....Panda Express for dinner! hehe ;)
Today:
Was field trip day so no class! I didn't go on the trip, so I'm working around the house. I had planned on going for a walk this morning, but I woke up to the sound of rain hitting the window pane...It's all gloomy out...a rainy day in California.. It's also laundry day! haha
 |
| I let most of our clothes air dry... |
 |
| So this is what our house looks like on laundry day..haha |
 |
| Realized that I hadn't watered the plants in about a month...oops! |
That's it for now! Thanks for reading! Hope you have a good afternoon!
2 comments:
I see the new background now - pretty!
That homemade pizza looks delicious...
thanks!!! you like the red colored font?
Post a Comment