It's the end of the week already? That went by quickly! D and I just got up to Rensl. We're hoping to have a garage sale this Saturday and so we have to get everything ready tomorrow. We stopped by Billy Bob and Beth's house to pick up a few things from them and I think Aunt Key might be dropping some things off tomorrow. I really don't have a whole lot of things--mainly jewelry. Jennica cleaned out the front hall closet here so we have bunch of old coats/jackets and shoes to get rid of. So that's probably what I'll be working on tomorrow.
Monday was Mom's birthday! We went out to dinner and then went back to our place for cake and ice cream. We surprised her with a cake from Penny. It was decorated as an anniversary cake since she doesn't do birthday cakes! hehe And it really was Mom and Dad's anniversary this week so it worked out!
On Tuesday we had a meeting with the health department. There was a bit of drama over the city building permit and with the contractor. We hadn't applied for the city building permit yet, only the state ( and we're still waiting to hear back from them.) The contractor reminded us that we need to do that asap. So we worked on all that paperwork and got it turned in on Tuesday. I doubt we'll hear back from state for another week or two, which is about when we should hear from the city so it should work out okay. We've been a bit frustrated w/ the contractor because we'd been trying to contact him all last week and he never returned our call. Dad called him on Monday and he said that he would be there Tuesday, which he was. But we were hoping to meet with him before he started the demo work. Anyways, we ended up meeting on Wednesday. They worked on demo Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. So I think it's pretty much finished. Now we just have to wait for the state permit to go through so that the build out can begin.
Well, I think I'm going to head to bed. G'night!
Monday was Mom's birthday! We went out to dinner and then went back to our place for cake and ice cream. We surprised her with a cake from Penny. It was decorated as an anniversary cake since she doesn't do birthday cakes! hehe And it really was Mom and Dad's anniversary this week so it worked out!
| Dinner @ Hour Time Restaurant |
| Dad and D got an appetizer: calamari...yuck! |
| Amazing pasta and garlic bread! |
| haha funny mirror |
| Our apartment all decked out for Mom's Bday |
| Mom w/ her flowers |
| Mom had really wanted a cake from Penny, but we told her we got her cupcakes. |
| Then we pulled out the big cake from Penny! |
| What a good picture! And that's a big cake! |
| This should be enough to last Mom and Dad for a month or two |
| Getting ready to dig in to the cake! |
| 56 candles! |
| Cutting and wrapping the cake to put in the freezer |
| haha |
| awww |
| That's a lot of cake! |
On Tuesday we had a meeting with the health department. There was a bit of drama over the city building permit and with the contractor. We hadn't applied for the city building permit yet, only the state ( and we're still waiting to hear back from them.) The contractor reminded us that we need to do that asap. So we worked on all that paperwork and got it turned in on Tuesday. I doubt we'll hear back from state for another week or two, which is about when we should hear from the city so it should work out okay. We've been a bit frustrated w/ the contractor because we'd been trying to contact him all last week and he never returned our call. Dad called him on Monday and he said that he would be there Tuesday, which he was. But we were hoping to meet with him before he started the demo work. Anyways, we ended up meeting on Wednesday. They worked on demo Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. So I think it's pretty much finished. Now we just have to wait for the state permit to go through so that the build out can begin.
Well, I think I'm going to head to bed. G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment