Monday, September 24, 2012

"To Do" List

I just made a list of things that need to be accomplished before TPW opens! It was at least three pages long. Yikes! There simply are not enough hours in the day...I'm starting to get a little freaked out! My stress level lately has been very high.  It's a good kind of stress though ( if that's possible haha!) There's a lot to be done, but I'm excited to see things begin to come together!

We got our state approval for the building permit last Monday, so we're just waiting to hear back from the city. At the middle of last week, I emailed the city to see how things were coming along. They said they were just waiting for the last two inspectors to sign off.  I heard from the water inspector a few times on Wednesday or Thursday.  Then we got a document from the fire inspector late Friday afternoon.  There were a few items that we had to respond to.  I've been talking to the architect today and he's been working on getting things finalized so that we can reply back.  So if things go smoothly we should hopefully get our city approval by Wednesday...or that's what I'm hoping. *fingers crossed*

D and I have spent at least three days working over at TPW tearing up carpet, putting up window paper, taking up floor tiles, removing carpet glue, etc. It has been difficult, manual labor.  We were over there last night finishing things up.  I think we spent almost six hours there. Whoever glued the carpet down at that place used BUCKETS and BUCKETS of glue.  It was ridiculous! I have so many bruises all over my body from that stupid tile/carpet remover machine.  My wrists are so sore I can barely move them and my fingers/hands are swollen,red, and blistered.  Construction labor is hard work!

Have been trying to figure out paint colors for the walls.  We found out that Sherwin Williams was having a 40 percent off sale on their paint so were under pressure to finalize the colors.  Jennica went to the store and helped me look through colors last week.  We bought some little sample cartons and tried some of the colors out on the walls. I think we've kind of narrowed down the colors, but still haven't finalized them.  We finally decided to just get the base paints today and finalize the colors later ( so that we could buy during the sale.) We needed like 20 buckets of paint and they didn't have it all in stock, so they ended up giving us a customized coupon that allows us to get the 40 percent discount even after the sale! How sweet is that?! We were pretty excited! :)

Have had lots of drama w/ our designer. Got an email from her on Friday night that was quite upsetting.  We decided to terminate the agreement.  So now we're without a designer during this last and very important stage of the process.  I've been upset about it all, but trying to remain calm. Jennica has been a tremendous help and maybe I can hire a different consultant to help me with questions that we arise. We shall see.  I'm pretty disappointed though. I guess I made a bad judgement call when hiring her. I really thought that things were going to work out well. But they didn't. Ah well, live and learn.

In other news, it is officially fall! It's been super chilly out! I'm loving it! Larry is coming out soon.  I think he's leaving sometime this week.  He'll be driving his truck out to try and sell it.  He needs a newer model in order to operate in California due to some new environmental rule at his company.  D's hoping to convince him to stay for a few weeks ( or months) haha. So I think he's super excited about that!

Mom and Dad are leaving for Florida on Wednesday. They'll be gone for about 2.5 weeks or so.

Well, that's if or now.  I will leave you with some photos:

TPW a couple weeks ago during demo

View last week after the contractors had finished demo


9/15:  Garage Sale

Garage Sale


Sunday 9/16: Jennica helped me sort through paint colors

Tuesday 9/18: D and I went out to Jasper Junction. So this really pretty vintage cake carrier!


9/19: Dinner @ Jennica's. Lasagna and garlic bread. Yum!!!

Fall Decor

Jennica practicing her speech on campus

She had a speech the next day. I have to say that I never want to hear another speech about James Dean. ;)

Group shot

Underground hallway from Beering to parking garage


9/19: Checking out the coffee @ K. Dee's

Nice place!



My peppermint steamer

Lots of old cameras @ an antique shop down town

Vintage typewriter



In front of the antique shop...I can't remember the name!


9/20: Pulling up carpet!

haha We look kind of scary!

Taking up the laminate
Friday 9/21:  We got locked out of our apartment. haha. Walked out and forgot the keys. Oops! Our landlord didn't have a spare copy of our key (how does that work? haha) So Billy Bob brought a lock pick kit by.  It took awhile, but we finally got it open!

Don't the clouds look so cool?

Friday 9/21: We rented a carpet/tile remover. I never want to see one of these machines again! :p

Hard at work

Old carpet


9/21: We opened up the paper for the windows and realized it was the wrong color. It was supposed to be lime green. So we had to return it on Saturday.
We had to get yellow paper because they were out of the lime green.  It's not my favorite. I really wanted that lime color! Ah well...

We've gone to Bob Evans twice in the past few days. Love their chicken and noodles
Speaking of Bob Evans, we went there for dinner tonight. Some have affectionately dubbed it the nursing home.  Well, guess what I saw in the bathroom this evening? Business cards for a local funeral home. haha Seems appropriate I suppose.  I thought that was kind of funny. At least, I got a good chuckle out of it. ;)


Well, that's it for now. Goodnight! :)




































No comments: