Friday, November 2, 2012

Hello, hello!

Another week has flown by! It's now November, which is hard to believe! Even though the week flew by, it seems like progress has been kind of slow.  Things @ TPW are creeping along, but hopefully next week they will be ready to start drywalling.  This week they've been working on electrical and finishing up plumbing.  We've been trying to figure out the solution for a water heater.  We were going to go with a tankless heater, but found out that it would require to much electric. So I guess we're going to probably replace the current 6 gallon with a 30 gallon.  The plumber was trying to charge an arm and a leg for something pretty basic so I think we're going to take care of it ourselves.  The current tank is mounted in the ceiling.  We will need to build a platform for this heavier one.  So that should be interesting. 

Once they finish w/ all the drywalling, then we have to get to work.  Things that we will be doing ourselves include:  laying down the laminate wood flooring, laying down the ceramic tile, installing the walk in cooler, installing drop in ceiling, all the painting, tiling on yogurt wall.  So yeah, lots of work! And when I say "we", I mainly mean Diego and Larry. :P I will try to help as much as I can, but they will probably end up doing a lot of it.  Which is fine, because there is still a TON of other things that I need to do.  We're also trying to make some bottle cap tables to go w/ the booths.

Last Saturday, we met with our interior signage guy, Cullen.  I'm really excited to be working with him! He will be helping us w/ all the signage and bulkhead decals.  He is also open to helping us w/ any interior design work that we may have for him.  This is great news, since I have been struggling a bit with some aspects of the decor since we lost our previous designer. Interestingly enough, his girlfriend is from Rensselaer and I think I recognized her from grade school.  I think she was a grade above me. Small world! They seemed like great people!

Anyways, other things going on @ TPW:  the sprinkler people were there yesterday making additions/adjustments to the system.  They will come back to finish up once the walk in is installed.  The sign person called and it sounds like the outside sign is ready! We met w/ a glass guy on Wednesday to get a quote for sneezeguards.  Hoping that the countertop people will get measurements next week. The upright freezer was delivered this week as well as the undercounter freezer and refrigerator. We picked up the wood grain ceramic tile and purchased the tile for the back area. (We still need to pick it up though!) Ordered a bunch of bottlecaps for the tables. We need over 1200 of them!

Also, this week:  on Sunday we went down to Conner Prairie to the Headless Horseman ride. It was pretty fun! I remember going there so many times when I was young, so I always have good memories associated w/ it. On Tuesday, I had Jennica ove for dinner and then we went w/ her to campus to practice her speech. On Wednesday, we met up w/ M&D @ TPW to look over some things and then they came over for pizza.  They hung out while we carved our pumpkins.  They helped answer the door for trick-or-treaters and then we watched the "Icabod Crane" cartoon.  Had a fun time! 

Today we spent the entire afternoon cleaning out the walk in cooler.  It was a huge job, but it was a beautiful day! Perfect weather for working outside! I was supposed to hang out w/ Kendra today, but we finished up later than planned and we were kinda beat. So I'm gonna try to reschedule .  We ended up going to Terranyaki Grill for dinner.  We went there for the first time last week w/ Rena and Christoph. It was really good so we decided to go back this week. It's pretty affordable too. Afterwards, we went to Meijer to walk around.  I saw so many things that I wanted to buy! lol... Actually, alot of the things I wanted were kitchen related or for organization.  I'm trying to get more organized, but even basic things seem so pricey. 

Anyways, I think I'm going to go jump on the elliptical here in a bit and then head to bed. Well, maybe I"ll watch some "Gossip Girl" beforehand. haha I have been hooked on that show! I've been watching a couple episodes every night before bed and I've gone through all of Season 1. 

Before I sign off, I'm going to add some photos from the past week or so.  I dropped my camera again last week and so it's been really off for the past week.  I think it finally took a dump today.  So I don't know how I'll be taking pictures after this. Hopefully these won't be the last pictures that I get to share.

H


Dr. Smoothie sent us some sample smoothie mixes.


We tried a bunch of them out.

10/17: We had one of our yogurt machines delivered to help us w/ the measurements on the yogurt wall.


10/18: Dad came down for a meeting w/ our contractor. Mom came down with him to do some grocery shopping.  Afterwards, we went to lunch @ Bob Evans.

Dad talking to someone about Larry's truck.


Pendant lights from World Market. A little more mustard-y than I thought they would be.

Possible yogurt  cups stand?

My Snickle Poo! Such a cutie patootie!
Saturday 10/20: @ County Line Orchard

We met up w/Courtney

Love this barn!

Yummy donuts! They have apple cinnamon and pumpkin

w/ larry

w/ me

@ the pumpkin patch

Sisters!

Me and D

Larry!

Moi

Sister!

aww what a nice picture! This was M&D's first time @ the orchard/pumpkin patch!

Trying to find the perfect pumpkin


haha Dad was showing off!

D had his hand full of pumpkin

Larry decided to help! hehe



See the moon in the background?

We were some of the last ones in this big lot..It was really open and flat land, so we decided to take some photos!

larry! Lovin' Indiana! hehe

Brothers!

D and me

haha the crazy coopers!

Group shot!

haha!

Fight Scene!

Wow, either I'm super pale or Mom's extremely dark!



After we got back to Rensl, we went to eat @ Schmidy's and then decided to have a bonfire. We went in search of fire wood at like four or five different stores, but never did find any.  We ended up using branches and some old wood we found around the house.



10/21: Mom made cinnamon roll french toast, Dad made breakfast tacos, and we had donuts. What a feast!

I love Fall in Indiana!

Working on the lighting....

I typed out a giant list of lighting for the contractor. in case our diagram was hard to read.

Bulkhead over the window

Checking out the progress @ TPW. D looks pretty tired here. I think it was pretty late @ night.
Thursday 10/25: We drove down to Lebanon to the countertop place and then drove to Indy.  The place where we got our yogurt machines at was having an open house so we stopped by to check it out.

We got to see their showroom and at some free food.


They had our machines lined up in the warehouse.

Cutouts for yogurt machines @ TPW.

Well, that's it for now! Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments: