Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crazy Week

Wow, it's been a crazy week! Things are beginning to progress in the build out @ TPW and I'm realizing that I have an insane amount of things left to accomplish, that everything --even things that seem tiny and simple--take forever, and I simply do not have enough time in the day.

Today we had a meeting w/ the countertop people down in Lebanon. Our yogurt machine vendor was having an open house, so we stopped in there. Got to try yogurt and eat a yummy meal. Stopped by a restaurant supply store and then headed back to Laffy.  Browsed around Menards looking @ some things, swung by TPW, and then came home.  Have been working on things such as sprinkler system and fire alarm modifications, flooring,  cabinet and countertop colors, hot water heater, plumbing issues, walk in cooler set up, etc. So lots of things going on. 

Tomorrow we have a meeting @ 11 w/ a Sysco rep. Have to work on yogurt cups, interior signage, uniforms, flooring, sneeze guards, etc.

Yes, we've been living and breathing TPW lately.

Well, I'm not feeling overly talky, so I will leave you with some pics from the past couple weeks:

Wednesday 10/10/12: We finally bought an extended ladder, so decided to go rehang the banners ( they had blown off a few weeks prior).  It was COLD and windy out! Of course, the next day it was extremely warm out! haha This is D standing in the freezing wind trying to detrmine how to hang the sign.

Adjusting the ladder

D tried to drill into the top portion of the building, but it was way too soft, so we had to hand the banner lower than planned.




Thursday, 10/11/12: We went on a short hike @ Happy Hollow Park.

The trees were gorgeous!

We hiked quite a ways up hill.  On our way down, I started to slide, D was in front of me, and we both were falling down the hill.  It was pretty funny! haha
After our walk, we met Jennica over @ TPW.

Mi hermana!

Diego trying to catch a light bulb..

Beautiful clouds!

D carved a cute little Christmas tree with his new wood machine

I went over to Jennica's to hang out for a bit while D and Larry were watching a movie.  She made these cute litle pizza cups. They were pretty tasty!

Recipe that I tried off of pinterest. I think I posted the recipe a couple entries ago.
Friday 10/12/12: On Friday we went over to Billy and Beth's house to celebrate Beth's birthday! She made chicken tortilla soup which was delicous!

Billy bought her a tres leches cake! It was super yummy!

We learned a new card game, which was all about rules and had a great time!

Saturday 10/13/12: Late night working on TPW things. D working on the lighting placement...

Progress being made



Sunday 10/14/12: D, Larry, and I went to pick Mom and Dad up from the airport. D with his extendable spoon that they got him as a souvenir!

They're baaaack! And looking brown as berries!


Cheesecake for dessert @ The Cheesecake Factory. Yuuum!

Pictures for the walls @ TPW

Souvenirs from M&d !

haha
Monday 10/15/12: We stopped by Peru on our way to Ft. Wayne to check out a yogurt shop.

We met up with the Stewies and had a delightful, but slightly rushed, meal. ( We were on a time line--had to be to Ft. Wayne before 9) The pizza and breadsticks were delicious!


@ Spoonz Frozen Yogurt in Ft. Wayne.  They have the same yogurt machines as we do.  We went to check out the wall depth--how far back the handles are in the wall.

I really liked these lights. Super cute !

After our yogurt, we headed up to Rensl to spend the night. I don't think we got there until almost 11 maybe. So it was a late night.
 Okay, that's it for now. Good night! :)

No comments: