Well, it's been about 22 days since my last post so I supposed it's about time that I update. :P Things have been extremely busy the past few weeks. We're up in in Rensl for the holiday weekend. Had a really nice Thanksgiving @ Aunt Mary and Uncle Chris' house on Thursday. The Stewies weren't able to make it because Uncle Gary was sick, but everyone else was there.
| Waiting to eat! |
| Praying for the meal and saying what we're thankful for! |
| Giganormous stuffed bear that Aunt Mary and Uncle Chris got for Baby Jack! |
Today we slept in and then worked on some TPW things. Went to dinner w/ Mom and Dad and the Hannons. Then we came home and put up the Christmas tree. A week from tomorrow is December 1st! Hard to believe!
Let's see, what has been happening. Have been busy w/ TPW of course. The drywallers were in there last last week and finally finished on Tuesday. We hired someone to do the tile and they started early Wednesday morning. Hopefully they will be finished by Monday. After that, we need to start painting.
I'm getting a little nervous because I want to be organized, but with some things I feel like they are just being thrown together. It's all happening so quickly, but at the same time it has been taking forever.
Larry flew back to LA a week ago Wednesday. We drove him up to Midway in Chicago and went to Ikea while we were there. I love that store! I wish there was one in Indy! Anyways, Larry should be flying back this next Tuesday, but this time he will be landing in Indy. So that's good.
I'm really excited for Christmas this year. I am enjoying the feel of the holidays: the sound of Christmas music, the feel of a warm fire in the fireplace, Christmas decorations in the stores/mall, the spirit of the holidays. Maybe I'm noticing and appreciating everything so much more because last year was really strange, or maybe it's just because I'm getting older. I'm not sure. But I've noticed that I am beginning to really appreciate the smaller/simpler things in life. It's kind of nice!
Didn't really do much Black Friday shopping. Did order a camera online-- as an early Christmas gift. Also, happened to be at Walmart this evening and there were still a bunch of DVDS that were on sale. So I bought a few! And that was my Black Friday shopping. I typically have little interest in the BF shopping. It brings out the bad in most people and I really don't care to be a part of it. Plus, I HATE how stores are opening on Thanksgiving day. I don't really care to support this and decided not to do any shopping before Friday unless it was online. I used to work retail and I know how horrible it can be to work during the holidays in general. I don't think it's a good practice to require employees to work on the holidays unless absolutely necessary. Now I can understand working @ a hospital, a gas station, etc. But for actual stores to be open full force-- I think it's distasteful.
My camera broke a couple weeks ago so I haven't been able to take as many pictures as usual. I've been trying to snap some shots w/ my phone camera, but they aren't very good quality since my flash doesn't usually work.Here are some photos from the past few weeks, some of them are from before my camera broke, some of them were taken w/ Jennica's camera, and some are from my cell phone.
Well, I'm unable to upload any photos to my blog @ the moment. Looks like I've used up all 1 GB of space and will have to upgrade if I want to upload pics directly from my computer. I guess maybe I can upload them to flickr and then copy the link, but that sounds like a lot of work! :P
Maybe next time! Night, all! :)
1 comment:
I get wore out just reading about TPW! LOL I am glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. Can't wait until you have TPW up and running!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hehe :)
Post a Comment