We survived our third Boystown interview....We had to be in Santa Ana by 6pm. Got there just in time in spite of the traffic. I think the interview went fairly well. There were four people interviewing us! Yikes! But they were all extremely friendly and down to earth. This was the general order of the interview:
1) Introductions
2) General conversation
3) Individual interviews: D first and then me
4) Role Play Scenarios
5) Questions for us together
6) A time for us to ask questions
7) Explanation of the next steps in the process
The interview lasted about an hour and a half. Honestly, we didn't think it was too bad. I think we were both expecting much tougher questions. I think we did an ok job. It all depends on who else they may be interviewing. I felt fairly confident with the role plays. It took me back to my days of crisis training for the volunteer crisis center in Laffy. I actually found it quite invigorating! hehe
They should let us know their decision by the end of the week. Still not sure what to hope for, but definitely more excited after today's interview! The next step would be to go down to one of the group homes for dinner to interact with some of the kids. The family teachers would be observing us and watching how we get along with the kids. So yeah, I'll let you know what we find out hopefully later this week! :)
I snapped a few photos of the waiting area while they were interviewing D in the conference room.
 |
| Logo behind the front desk |
 |
| The double doors to the left lead into the conference room... |
In other news, here is my weekend in review:
Friday: The movie "The Grey" came out in theaters and D has been wanting to see it foreeeever! So we went to see that and dragged some of his siblings along. I really did NOT want to go see it because i knew I wasn't going to like it, but ended up going anyway. It was even WORSE than I had expected. It was the worst movie I've seen in awhile. It had some very bloody, violent moments and was so depressing. Horrible, horrible movie! I wanted to wipe the images from my brain. bleh. D didn't like it either. He had expected more of a basic survival movie, this was almost a horror movie with killer wolves. So we went to the movie and then we went out to eat at Norm's, which is kind of like a Denny's.
Saturday: Hung around the apartment until around 4:30ish. D woke up not feeling well so he didn't have a bunch of energy.
 |
| Breakfast Burrito that I made for D |
We hung out at D's fam's house and then eventually went out to eat.
 |
| Playing a card game called Speed. So much fun! |
 |
| We ate @ El Torito in Santa Monica... |
 |
| Waiting for a table... |
 |
| It was a pretty nice place...but our server was horrible! |
 |
| The guys watching the game... |
Sunday: D still wasn't feeling well so we didn't make it to church. I think he's getting a bad cold and/or sinus infection. Alicia and I had planned to have bday cake for D and Larry in the afternoon so we headed over to D's fam's house. Chicho and Crystal decided to cook out for the celebration and bought a ton of food, which was really nice of them!
 |
| The hosts of the cookout! |
 |
| Bigshow! |
 |
| D with is plate full of food |
 |
| The only photo of us....D and his droopy eye...his eyes were all swollen from cold/allergies |
 |
| My plate of food |
 |
| Doby--Alica and larry's dog |
 |
| Bigshow w/ Doby |
 |
| Doby in his makeshift cage haha |
 |
| Bday cakes....the one in the middle is a fake one ... |
 |
| Joe and his sisters put whipped cream on top and smashed it in Larry's face as a joke... |
 |
| Poor larry...I was a bit unhappy because I wasn't able to get many photos of them w/ their cakes...grrr... :) |
 |
| D w/ his cake... |
 |
| larry w/ his cake |
 |
| Larry w/ a knife haha |
 |
| Cutting the cake and digging into the ice cream... |
I didn't even get a pic of me and D with his cake :( It can be difficult adjusting to the way different families celebrate different holidays/events. I'm used to birthdays being a big deal in my family. They aren't such a big deal in D's fam. And they really don't like photos! lol...
Anyways, we hung out there for awhile but D didn't feel go so we left at around 7:30 or so. Stopped by the grocery store. I bought a bunch of veggies/chicken to make D some soup because that's what he always wants when he's sick. He didn't ask me to make it but I thought I would be nice. ;) hehe.
 |
| Getting ready to make my soup! |
 |
| Veggies include: a turnip, yucca, celery, squash, carrots, and peppers. Also chicken drumsticks and garlic. |
 |
| Using my new pot that I got for Christmas from Mom and Dad! |
 |
| D w/ his soup. It needed a little more salt and pepper... |
 |
| Very healthy looking... |
Well, that's it for today. I think I'm gonna head to bed. Night everyone! :)
2 comments:
It's only been wanting to see that movie since December! :p
Alicia changed the name again? haha. Doby is cute though...
Mm, those cakes look good!
I mean Diego has only been wanting to, not it's. haha. Oops.
Post a Comment