Haven't had much time to update lately. It's been a busy week! Mom
and Dad are supposed to fly into Indy tomorrow and we have to go pick
them up. I'm excited to see them! It seems like they've been gone for a
long time. Right now I'm sitting here watching a movie w/ Diego and
Larry.
Larry got here last Sunday afternoon. We met
him up @ the truck stop in Rensl. He's leaving his truck @ the shop to
try and sell it. I think he will be staying with us until the truck sells.
Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks:
 |
| 9/29/12: Rena's Baby Shower |
 |
| Carra & Lachlan @ the shower |
 |
| Aunt Mary made lots of yummy food! |
 |
| Rena & Kristina |
 |
| The Mama to Be! |
 |
| Rena w/her sisters |
 |
| Really cool view of the moon! |
 |
| D made a work bench for all his tools in the garage |
 |
| Really nice sunset from the parking lot in Walmart |
 |
| D ran in to buy a popcorn machine, I snapped a bunch of sunset photos while I was waiting.. |
 |
| Snickle chewing her bone |
 |
| Listening to jennica's speech... |
 |
| Jennica practicing her speech on frozen yogurt |
 |
| Week 1 of the build out: framing the office/bathroom |
 |
| Friday 10/5/12: We drove over to Attica to get a wood lathe that D found on Craigslist. We picked it up at some deserted garage in the countryside. Plus, it was dark and cold/rainy. It was pretty creepy! Me and my wild imagination-- I thought for sure we were going to be murdered or something, but thankfully we were okay and we got the tool at a really great price! |
 |
| Getting the spare room ready for Larry. |
 |
| Sunday 10/7/12: D posing by Larry's truck near Burger King |
 |
| Unloading the trailer @ the shop |
 |
| D helping Larry unload his stuff |
 |
| Pizza @ Schmidy's |
 |
| We tried the thin crust pizza for the first time-- it was pretty good! |
 |
| Sister! |
 |
| I've been drinking a lot of tea lately! Picked up some more @ Payless on Sunday night... |
 |
| D showing Larry his new toy |
 |
| Shopping for toilets @ Menards |
 |
| We're thinking of getting the brown tile on the right for the soft seating area/back hallway @ TPW. |
 |
| Starting the framing for the yogurt wall |
|
|
|
 |
| This bread from Harvest Grain is AMAZING! It's also pretty pricey. |
 |
| Yuuum! |
 |
| Tuesday 10/9/12: I made potato corn chowder and cornbread for dinner! |
 |
| Yummy! |
 |
| Starting to frame the counter |
I have more pictures to add, but I'll wait until next time! So yeah, it's been a busy week! The build out @ TPW is going along pretty well! We have most of the equipment/appliances figured out. We went shopping for the toilet and bathroom sink. We're working on the lighting/electrical aspects right now. Also, trying to figure out the counter top, flooring, etc.
I've been cooking a little more than usual. On Tuesday, I tried a new recipe: cheddar potato corn chowder. Here's the recipe:
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/1864
On Thursday, I made chicken tacos and I also tried a recipe for banana bars w/ brown butter frosting. They turned out pretty well! Here's the recipe:
http://lifessimplemeasures.blogspot.com/2012/01/banana-bread-bars-with-brown-butter.html
Other than all TPW stuff: I've been trying to exercise more often. Have been using the elliptical pretty regularly. On Thursday, we went for a short hike @ Happy Hollow Park. We were on a pretty steep trail and I slipped, pushing D down with me. It was kind of funny! Last night we went over to Billy Bob and Beth's house for dinner and games. We had chicken tortilla soup and tres leche cake! Yuuum! Finally, got the Indiana plates for my car! It was such a hassle!
Today we slept until.....yes, noon! Craziness! I guess we were pretty tired. It's been a rainy, ucky day out; but at least it's not cold! Have been working on lighting today. Also, went to clean out my dad's truck. My lower back has been hurting since Friday. I'm not sure what the cause is, maybe I pulled something when I slipped during our hike. Hopefully, it's nothing serious. I just know that it's been a real pain! I asked D to try to give me a massage to see if that would help, but when he touched my back it hurt so badly! I usually love really deep massages, but not this time! Maybe I'll try to put some ice on it.
I've been in a cleaning mood for the past week or two. My brain has felt so cluttered, so I've been trying to keep my surroundings a little less cluttered. You know the concept: when your space is cluttered your brain is more cluttered; when your surroundings are more organized/uncluttered then your brain is more organized/uncluttered. I'm finding that it's true!
Okay, I think I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment