Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Those were the words that I posted yesterday afternoon on my Facebook and then I go and lose my temper yesterday night and say things that I regret. Will I ever learn? Probably not. :P Sometimes watching those words are so much easier said than done......
Not much has been going on here the past week. I wasn't feeling so good and didn't go to work the other day. D's been in a grouchy mood all week because he's burnt out. D's dad's truck broke down AGAIN five hours north of here. Larry and D drove the mechanic up there late last night. They left around 8:30 pm and just got home this morning around 10:30 am. So it looks like the day is probably shot. I got a good 12 hours sleep but D rolled in looking half dead. So I'm guessing he will be attempting to sleep all afternoon.
Anyways, so here are some more photos like I promised earlier in the week:
 |
| 2.17.12: This was a busy week because I was teaching both the morning and afternoon classes. Wasn't used to teaching a full shift like that. Exhausting! |
 |
| 2.18.12: D and I met up w/ larry, alicia, and Irma @ Walmart. We saw this really cool coca cola machine. |
 |
| I soooo wanted an ice cold Fanta, but we didn't get one!!! |
 |
| 2.18.12: After our trip to Walmart, D and I decided to try and get to the 5:00 service @ church, but we were too late. On our way over to D's fam's house we saw the most amazing sunset! |
 |
| Gorgeous! |
 |
| 2.19.12: D has been obsessed w/ this donkey puppet. :rolls eyes: He has been taking it everywhere. i don't always claim him! ;) |
 |
| 2.19.12: Surprise bday cake for Crystal. They convinced her to go on this early morning hike and then wanted to surprise her w/ a homemade breakfast and cake. |
 |
| Waiting for Crystal to get there... |
 |
| Weird design that I made w/ the bingo chips! hehe Do you think it could be art? |
 |
| 2.19.12: Crystal cutting her bday cake |
 |
| 2.19.12: The Robles' have this weird tradition where the bday person cuts and serves the cake. I always thought it was the other way around? Seems backwards to me!! but to each their own.... |
 |
| 2.19.12: I spent the entire day creating a midterm for my class. A lot of work! I took a short break to eat an ice cream cone that Edgar bought from the traveling ice cream truck....it was pretty yummy! |
 |
| 2.19.12: My school things all spread out on the table @ the Robles' |
 |
| 2.20.12: D and I both had the day off of work because of Presidents Day...I celebrated by making French Toast! |
 |
| 2.20.12: We didn't do a whole lot all day,but in the evening met up w/ Larry and Alicia and drove over to Redondo Beach. |
 |
| 2.20.12: We ate @ El Torito's on the beach. This is the view from the restaurant window. |
 |
| My dinner. I ordered a veggie burrito, which is usually delicious! But this time they stuck all these weird veggies in there and I didn't really care for it. I'll have to be more specific next time. |
 |
| A japanese restaurant @ the Redondo Beach Pier |
 |
| We walked around the pier for awhile. It was kind of windy and chilly, but pretty cool. There were a lot of people out fishing. |
 |
| Outside view of El Torito, the restaurant where we ate, it's up on the second level. |
 |
| We found this arcade filled w/ a ton of ancient games... |
 |
| Of course we had to play Deal or No Deal! Love this game! |
 |
| 2.21.12: Review day @ school |
 |
| 2.22.12: Written part of the midterm. Of course on the day where I had to sit there for six hours w/ nothing to do, the internet connection is out ALL day long! At least during the second class I was able to grade the exams from the first class! |
 |
| 2.22.12: Rachel and d's mom made mole from scratch. They were pretty excited about it! I'm not a big fan of mole, but it's this traditional food that they eat for special occasions. I think it's definitely an acquired taste. Or maybe it's just something that you had to have grown up eating...I personally think it's a really strange combination of flavors, but I can tolerate it. |
 |
| 2.25.12: Had bday cake and went out to dinner for Edgar's bday. I think I wrote a blog entry about it..This is a drawing that one of his students drew of him in his bday card...hehe. Hilarious! |
 |
| 2.26.12: So D and I FINALLY finished up our gifts for each other and exchanged them on Suday the 26th. D made me a clock for my Christmas/Vday gift. He carved it by hand. A very nice and thoughtful gift.. |
 |
| I made D a memory book filled w/ photos and memories from the past year. It was a ton of work! I've been working on it on and on since early December. Spent last Saturday and Sunday finishing it up. (That's not a permanent spot on the bottom of the book, it's just water!) |
 |
| Some of the pages.... |
 |
| 3.01.12: I made baked chicken breast, rice, and peas for dinner the other night. Trying to eat a bit healthier. |
Well, I think I'm pretty much caught up on photos. Getting ready to watch a movie that I rented, "Hugo"...D has been sleeping for about 1.5 hours or so, but just woke up because he got a work call. Looks like there's a water leak. Dunno what our plans are for the day. We shall see.
Happy Saturday,everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend! :)
2 comments:
Pretty sunset!
That burrito looks good - can we go there next time I come out? :)
Sure! I actually wanted to take you to an El Torito, but knew that M&D don't really like Mexican food...
Post a Comment