Well, I'm going to make a second attempt @ posting photos from the weekend.
Saturday 3/10/12
So that pretty much sums up our Saturday. That night we went out to eat @ Norm's w/ a bunch of D's siblings.
Sunday 3/11/12
Went to church in the AM. Have I mentioned how much I <3 our church! Ate @ Boston Market and then Joe called us and invited us over to his school. He was over there studying and said that there was a Native American Pow Wow Event happening. So we ended up going over there w/ Rachel and Edgar. Joe showed us all around the CSULB campus and then we went to eat at a Korean BBQ.
Monday 3/12/12
Tuesday 3/13/12
Today
In other news, my problem student will no longer be attending my school! So God kind of handled that situation for me. :) One of my other students left to go back to Japan. Today was his last day. So now I am down to seven students. However, I will be getting a new student in a couple weeks. Right now all my students are Japanese, but the new student is Chinese so it will be nice to mix it up a little bit!
Well, I think that's all for now. Good night, everyone!
Saturday 3/10/12
| Waiting @ the KFC drive through in D's neighborhood. That weird contraption is to keep the employees safe from any attempted robberies. Bulletproof glass. Gotta love the ghetto. |
| Getting ready to take Bigshow for a walk. |
| Dobie trying to drink from a bottle on the street....haha |
| @ Lincoln Park in LA. Nice view of the mountains.. |
| View of the city |
| Dobie and Bigshow |
| awww... |
| Dobie w/ his new haircut...he used to be all fluffy! |
| What a cutie... |
| Bigshow is STRONG! |
| Me and D |
| Palm trees! |
| A pond in the park |
| The dogs were interested in the ducks |
| Ducks in a row |
| haha |
| Bigshow really wanted to get those ducks |
| We bought some bottled water and a frozen banana here |
| Bigshow was thirsty too |
Sunday 3/11/12
Went to church in the AM. Have I mentioned how much I <3 our church! Ate @ Boston Market and then Joe called us and invited us over to his school. He was over there studying and said that there was a Native American Pow Wow Event happening. So we ended up going over there w/ Rachel and Edgar. Joe showed us all around the CSULB campus and then we went to eat at a Korean BBQ.
| Dance competition |
| Some amazing outfits |
| Was fun to watch |
| Davy Crocket hat hehe |
| They had a TON of craft booths |
| Dream catchers |
| Was quite warm hehe |
| Sterling silver earrings...loved them! My faves were the ones on the left hand side... |
| Waiting for Joe...he went to grab his books from the library |
| Joe giving us the tour |
| Joe and Me |
| Me and D |
| Joe |
| Moi |
| Really cool fountain...looks like giants dandelions! |
| Car troubles |
| Time for dinner...we worked up an appetite walking all over campus |
| Was obsessed w/ these rice sheets (I think that's what they were called)you get your meat and wrap it up in the sheets and it's like a little taco. Loved the texture of them! Delicious! |
| Cooking the meat |
| haha I think this picture is hilarious! |
Monday 3/12/12
| I stopped by this little Mexican shop on my way home from work. I had seen a sign for fresas con crema ! |
| My fresas con crema!yuuum! |
| Strawberries w/ cream, raisins, coconut, and granola. <3 |
| I went for a walk @ the Nature Preserve. Was a gorgeous day! |
Tuesday 3/13/12
| Hunger Games billboard on my way to work |
| D and I were bored so we drove around randomly. Found this ramen restaurant in Torrance. |
| It was really tiny... |
| Looking over the menu....we had no clue what anything meant...haha |
| D eating his soup. He LOVES ramen! |
| Other view of restaurant |
| My chicken ramen. We also ordered a side of fried rice. |
| Moi. I look kind of weird in this picture though... |
| Afterwards, we went to Goodwill. Got this old Singer sewing machine for like 12 bucks. I have no clue how to use it or if it even works. But we have seven days to return it. |
In other news, my problem student will no longer be attending my school! So God kind of handled that situation for me. :) One of my other students left to go back to Japan. Today was his last day. So now I am down to seven students. However, I will be getting a new student in a couple weeks. Right now all my students are Japanese, but the new student is Chinese so it will be nice to mix it up a little bit!
Well, I think that's all for now. Good night, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment