Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rain, Rain Go Away....

Time for another update! It's been a pretty uneventful week really. Work is going okay. Only two weeks until my birthday! I'm excited because I think we're going to go to San Diego to celebrate, but on the downside I'm feeling so old. :( Ah well, one more year until I'm 30 I guess. Once I hit the big 3-0 that will be super depressing. But I suppose I should look at that as a positive thing also. If I'm still alive and breathing then that's something to be thankful for! :)

Here's a brief review of what's been going on the past week:

Tuesday 3/20:

We decided to go see a movie "One Thousand Words"since it was $5 Tuesday @ the movie theater. We invited Larry and Alicia to go along w/ us.  We were starving so grabbed something to eat on our way to the theater. We tried an Italian restaurant on Western in RPV.  http://www.niccolospizza.com/
We were in a hurry so we just ordered sandwiches...
They had a pretty good menu...they're pizza sounded good..maybe we'll go back to try it when we have more time...
The front counter
My sandwich...I got roast beef
After the movie, we walked around the mall. We saw this hurricane wind machine near the ice hockey rink
There was also a Ruby's Diner
There was a hockey game going on....
Wednesday 3/21:

D and I were bored so we tried our hand @ painting on canvas.
I drew some random flowers
Added a bunch of dots and it made it look a little more interesting..
This was Diego's painting...

Neither of us had ever really painted before, so this was our first attempt. It was pretty fun!!!
Thursday, 3/22:
I have to study so that I can take the written portion of the CA driving exam sometime this week!
Teaching about future tense in my class
Friday 3/23: 

D and I went shopping @ Target on Thursday night and I bought some of these yummy cookies to take to my class on Friday.  I <3 when sugar cookies have a chocolate coating on the bottom.


D and I decided to go eat @ our new favorite Korean BBQ restaurant for a late dinner
Cooking the meat!
We made quite a mess haha
These give you a small little cup of ice cream after your dinner. The perfect ending to a meal!

Saturday 3/24:
On Saturday, D, Larry, and I drove up to Simi Valley to the Ronald Reagan museum. It was pretty interesting!

Us w/ a statue of Reagan

Me w/ a piece from the Berlin Wall...

Trying to jump the wall? haha

in the museum
The old Air Force One plane

We actually got to tour it!




They were getting ready for some sort of event...

me near the helicopter!

View from the museum

Pretty cool glass wall

A beam from the world trade center
Afterwards, we stopped by Northridge Mall. We were looking for an A&W but never found one. So we ended up eating @ Red Robin's
So yeah, it was a fun day! I a political independent,but tend to lean more Democratic, so not exactly a huge Republican fan, but the museum was pretty interesting! I really liked the Air Force One plane! And the Berlin Wall! 
Sunday 3/25: 

We were on our over to D's fam's house after church when we saw a van in front of us hit this poor little dog. It was so horrible! The dog went flying into the middle of the road and was hobbling around all dazed. It was so pitiful!I started crying. We turned around and went back to check on him. When we got there he was out of the road and hidden in the bushes. It looked like they had run over his back legs.  It was pouring down rain and we were worried about him, so we went to D's house to get a box/towel. We went back to pick him up and drove him over to the Pasadena Humane Society. 

Looking for him...he was scrunched back under the bushes trying to get out of the rain..
The poor thing was in shock...but he didn't try to bite or anything...
The Pasadena Humane Society where we took him
We were in the drive through and this little boy was mesmerized by our windshield wipers..

Well, that's about it for now. Happy Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

Adina said...

I like the paintings. The Korean BBQ place looks really interesting!

Jennica said...

The museum looks really interesting - I want to go! :)

Glad you guys went back for the dog... hope he'll be ok.