Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weekend in Rensl


We're in Rensl for the weekend.  Came up yesterday afternoon and will probably head back to laffy tomorrow sometime.  Jennica headed down there late tonight.  She has been up in Rensl all summer but starts back to school on Monday and wanted to get re-adjusted.

It's been a fairly busy week.  On Monday we spent the first night at our duplex. Went to Walmart as soon as we got in to town to buy a few things.  Our car was packed full already so we weren't able to buy everything that we needed. We didn't have room in the back so we had to stack all our groceries on my lap. haha. Kinda funny. We didn't even have clean sheets, so had to stay up late doing laundry before we could even go to sleep. 

On Tuesday we had a meeting w/ a sign guy to get a bid for exterior signage. Joelle came over Tuesday evening to work on decor.  We ordered pizza and had a working dinner. 

On Wednesday, we went to Indy to check out some restaurant supply stores.  Joelle met us @ the first place and we researched some booth seating.  Then D and I went on to a few other places.  We were over near Carmel, so met up with Uncle Gary for some yogurt. Afterwards, we went over to Fry's Electronics and then finally headed home.  I think we got home around 10:30 or 11ish.  

Thursday was rainy/stormy and not an overly pleasant day.  Spent time working on decor research and a bunch of footwork w/ the demolition permit. We had to get the owner's signature before turning it in, which was a pain. Ran the permit up to the city office. Chipotle has become our new favorite eating place, so that's where we ate dinner.  Then we checked out a couple different flooring places.  

Friday-- woke up w/ a bad headache, but it eventually went away, thank goodness! I've been needing a haircut for foreeeever ( it had been almost a year!) so tried out a new hair salon called Bliss.  I had a pretty positive experience.  I've driven by it so many times, but I didn't realize they did hair.  I thought it was mainly massages, body wraps. It was pretty small and cozy. Everyone was friendly.  Oh, and I had a coupon for $20 off since I was  first time customer. So my haircut only cost $12! :) I actually only got a trim. I'm trying to let my hair grow out so that I can donate to Locks of Love.  I think it's the longest that it's been in awhile.  I actually don't really like having my hair this long, it's kind of a pain sometimes since it's in between curly and straight. 

After my haircut, we headed up to Rensl. Cleaned the shop.  Went to dinner w/ the familia. Went over to Whistle Stop in Monon.  The last time I was there was when Chicho was here I think.  So that's been awhile! Went over to Grandma's house and then went to the store w/ mom. 


And that was my week. haha  Today was Riley's bday party over @ the Hannons. It was nice hanging out w/ everyone.  Hadn't seen everyone all together since Bryan and Kristina's wedding.  There was a lot of political discussion, which was interesting! Lots of good conversation and lots of entertainment w/ Carra's boys and also all the dogs! haha Christoph and Rena brought their Bobbi, Bryan and Kristina brought Henry, and then Carra and Doyle brought their two dogs-- Cobalt and Queenie. They actually just got Queenie this weekend. She's still a puppy and soooo cute.  Absolutely adorable! :)

Well, that's it for now. I'll leave you with a few pictures:
Wednesday 8/8: Aunt Key was in Laffy so we hung out for awhile. Showing her the yogurt shop location.

Posing w/ our banner

All the girls

Jennica was showing Aunt Key some Rensselaer newsletters. I forget what they are called..

Trying to figure out where to eat.  We ended up going to McCallisters


It was really storming on our way home.  There were a bunch of tornado warnings out.  The sun was poking out from behind the clouds when we came into town and we snapped a picture because it looked so pretty!
I love hanging laundry out on the line! <3 br="br">

Saturday 8/11:  We went to see a movie, "The Bourne Legacy" and then went to Schmidty's for dinner.

It's becoming our new Pizza Hut. haha

Sunday 8/12:  Happy 12th Birthday, Snickle! Mom made her pancakes for her bday breakfast.

No comments: