Good morning! What a lovely Saturday morning it is! It's been raining the past couple days, but this am it's bright and sunny. It looks like a fall morning. It was actually kind of chilly last night! Craziness! I don't want summer to be over yet. :(
I woke up this morning with a sore shoulder/arm. I think I've been sleeping on my right side too much lately. Not that you're probably that interested, just thought I would share. hehe ;)
The little birds are gone--both sets! They must have flown away sometime early this week. I'm kind of disappointed because I wanted to see them take off and learn to fly. Mom said that she usually gets to watch them leave, but this year she didn't. They were just gone. I don't know a whole lot about birds, but find them kind of interesting. I wonder if the baby birds ever see their parents again.
D and I had to get up bright and early on Wednesday. We headed up to Goshen to buy a 3 compartment sink that we had found on Craigslist. It was about a 2.5 hour drive. Stopped by a frozen yogurt shop while we were there. I had actually read about it online when I was researching shops a couple months ago! They're called Honey's Frozen Yogurt and they serve only Honey Hill frozen yogurt. I found the flavors to be a little too rich for my liking, but I'm sure other people would like them. (yes, my tastes have slightly changed since Cali :P ) I was disappointed that they didn't have tart. :( We were there arond 11:30 or so and the place was pretty busy. Goshen is a fairly small town so I thought that was pretty great!
This was my first time in Goshen-- as an adult anyway. I think Mom and Dad took me over there when I was a baby. It seemed like a cute little place! I wish that we would have had time to explore a bit. But we had the sink in the back of our truck so didn't have much freedom to get out and look around. We stopped by Hammond on our way back home to check out a freezer that we'd heard about on Craigslist. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be working. So that was a disappointment. At least we found out BEFORE we bought it instead of afterwards! The guy claimed that an employee had left the door open overnight, but I'm not sure that I believed him.
We had to get up early again on Thursday morning. Met w/ the architect people at 9am. They took a bunch of measurements @ the yogurt shop. Ran some errands and then met w/ Joelle, our designer, at 11ish. Ran some more errands. Aunt Key was in town so we met up with her! Jennica also came down to laffy and hung out with us. We showed Aunt Key the yogurt shop. Went to eat @ McCallister's and then showed her our new place. Went to Walmart w/ Jennica and then headed to Rensl. There was a tornado warning out and we saw some really low-hanging clouds near Remington/Rensl. It looked really dark out and it started pouring when we got off the interstate. I kept looking back in the mirrors, almost expecting to see a funnel cloud. It was kind of creepy!
Friday-- spent the day working on yogurt shop stuff. Contacted three different sign companies, trying to get quotes on exterior signage. Searched for a freezer. Think we may have a few options, but not exactly what I was wanting. D and Dad have been working on the POS system.
I baked some oatmeal banana choc chip "muffins"-- I'll post the recipe and a picture later on. They were okay for a healthy snack, but didn't have the best flavor. Went to dinner w/ mom, dad, aunt mary, and uncle chris. Our waiter accidentally gave me the senior dinner-- I know I'm getting grey hair, but didn't think it was THAT noticeable :P I *did* get a "free" dessert though since i got the senior meal. haha ;)
Here are some pictures from the past week:
 |
| Sunday 8/5: D painting the garage floor. |
 |
| I helped too, of course. hehe I helped w/ the trim, getting the paint ready, and adding the paint chips. |
 |
| It was a lot of work! |
 |
| I think it turned out okay.... |
 |
| Monday 8/6: Our banner arrived! We had ordered it online at a pretty decent price. We were happy with the results! :) |
 |
| 8/6: Wind turbines on our way back to Rensl. We went down to laffy to work on some things, but headed back to rensl later that evening. |
 |
| Pretty sunset |
 |
| Tuesday 8/7: We went to laffy to meet w/ one of the contractors. Afterwards we went to dinner and then came back to the shop to hang up the banners. |
 |
| Hanging the banners was pretty exciting! It made everything seem more real! |
 |
| We hung two banners--one on each side of the building. |
 |
| Wednesday 8/8: Driving through downtown Goshen |
 |
| I think this belonged to a Mexican restaurant near the frozen yogurt shop. |
 |
| We decided to check out a frozen yogurt shop while we were there. |
 |
| D posing w/ his Honey Hill cup |
 |
| Their decor had no real rhyme or reason...seemed to be kind of a mish mesh. |
 |
| topping bars |
 |
| The three compartment sink from Goshen |
 |
| 8/8: It had been raining, but the sun was still out. The rain drops were really big and it looked really cool. I tried to capture the moment, but this picture definitely doesn't do it justice. Plus, my camera lens was fogging up. :( |
 |
| Foggy lens, you can still kind see how the sun made the rain look really cool! |
 |
| Blending up a milkshake w/ our new mixer |
 |
| Pb cup! yum! |
Well, I need to go check my laundry. Happy Saturday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment