Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bike Ride in the Countryside

Sitting here halfway watching "Extreme Couponing" ...I find the show so annoying sometimes because it seems that people buy ridiculous amount of food that they don't really need. Why not donate a lot of these things if they're pretty much free? Why must you have hundreds of boxes of Pepsi?  Just watched an episode where one couple got like a couple thousand dollars worth of groceries for $0 and then donated it all to the local food bank.  Now that's a good use of coupons. :)

We're up in Rensl for the weekend. It's been a busy and frustrating week.  We FINALLY got our demo permit approved, thank goodness! I think the contractor is going to start the demo work sometime this next week. It's been like pulling teeth to get sign bids, but I think we've finally narrowed down our options.  Looks like we may have to apply for a variance w/ the city in order to get more square footage for our exterior sign. So that sounds like a giant pain! Had a meeting w/ our designer on Tuesday and then communicated via email on Thursday. I'll be honest--I've been frustrated w/ how the design process has been going, but I won't get into all of that right now. We decided to go w/ Comcast for our phone so we're waiting to get our phone number.  Oh, and we ordered our drop in cold well for our toppings. Our blueprints are almost finished so the architect should hopefully be turning those in on Monday! :)

Oh, I was in my first bidding war on ebay. I saw found these really cool vintage pop bottle caps on Thursday with only like 3-4 hours left to bid. I bid on them at the last minute and in the last five minutes was bidding against some other person, but finally won! yay! I'm pretty excited about these bottle caps! We're going to use them as a part of the decor @ TPW. Haven't decided yet if they will be on the tables or the walls. We shall see! :)

D and I went for a bike ride yesterday and again today. Yesterday we rode out to St. Joe and today we rode around the countryside.  We saw a little baby deer over near Bunkum Road and got caught in the rain. It was a fun ride! :)

Well, that's all for now. Here are a few pictures from our trip to Indy a week or so ago. 



Wednesday 8/15: Checking out equipment/furniture in Indy.

Lots of freezers/fridges.

Trying out the booths @ TRS

I think this was our favorite restaurant supply place

Sitting in front of YoJoy waiting for Uncle Gary

Self-serve frozen yogurt place in Carmel

Cute!

Had a good visit w/ Uncle Gary

Cute logo!

Dinner @ Qdoba. Love their burritos!
Okay, well that's all for now. Happy Sunday! :)

No comments: