It's really starting to feel more like fall. I noticed it the other day. I walked outside and didn't start sweating right away. haha It's not COLD out, but it's definitely been a lot cooler. I'm kind of excited for fall because I kind of missed it last year, but I'm kind of sad to see summer leaving. Summer and fall are my favorite seasons! I'm dreading winter. Maybe it will be a warm one this year. That would definitely be good for the yogurt business! hehe
D and I went down to Laffy today. The maintenance guy stopped by and fixed a couple things at our apartment. Did some laundry and some more unpacking. Got a modem and finally have our iWe'llnternet hooked up. Ran some errands. We had a buy one, get one free coupon from Chipotle so that's where we ate supper. A burrito and a burrito bowl for under $7! Can't beat that! I was pretty excited to get the coupon in the mail!
We finally made a decision about an architect. Looks like we'll be going w/ someone local instead of the guy from Indy. I think we have our first meeting this Thursday. Still have to choose our contractor. Have been checking out a bunch of equipment online. Trying to buy some things used to save a bit of money. We bought a used walk-in cooler last month. Our next big purchases will hopefully be a 3 compartment sink and an upright freezer. We've found a couple potential items on craigslist. So might go check some of those out this week. They're kind of spread out over Indiana. Hammond, Goshen, and Indy-ish area. lol. We'll see if any of them work out.
Spent the weekend working on the garage floor. Had to fill in cracks, sand the sealant, clean the floor a couple times, and then finally paint. We had planned on painting on Saturday, but some coating hadn't come up properly or something so we cleaned it again. Then we spent all Sunday afternoon painting. D painted and I sprinkled the paint chips and also helped w/ trim. Afterwardds, we jumped in the pool.
Well, here are a few pictures from the past week or two:
 |
| Thursday 7/26: We met w/ the health dept. Ate a quick lunch at BK and then met w/ the city inspectors. Busy Day. |
 |
| The sky looked beautiful. Especially when driving by the wind turbines. |
 |
| perty! |
 |
| We were in the car, so not a great shot. |
 |
| Taken from the driveway at home. The clouds looked amazing! |
 |
| Beautiful! |
 |
| What a view! An ocean of clouds! |
 |
| I think this was Monday 7/30: @ the shop. Met w/ our designer and also an architect |
 |
| Went to Igloo after our meetings to check out the competition. |
 |
| This was my first time here, but I wasn't too impressed. |
 |
| Decor was kind of outdated looking, although I liked that wraparound counter. |
 |
| They even serve food! |
 |
| We weren't overly impressed by their custard. |
 |
| D really liked his smoothie, but it was basically a strawberry banana shake w/ a little bit of slushie mix. |
 |
| I didn't like my pb cookie dough thick shake. I guess it's a combination of a shake and a blizzard? Wasn't good! |
 |
| I think this was Wednesday 8/1 or Thursday 8/2: Scrubbing the garage floor. Getting it ready to paint. |
 |
| I'd never noticed this birds' nest near the garage. |
 |
| Cute little birdies! |
 |
| The mama bird was sitting on the garage roof keeping watch. She was chirping pretty loudly when I was near the nest. |
 |
| awww... |
 |
| close up.. |
 |
| Another nest, this one's on the front porch. I knew about this one but hadn't really seen the birds close up so decided to investigate. |
 |
| There is a nest here on this wreath every year! |
 |
| awww |
 |
| Sleeping soundly. |
 |
| checking each other's blood sugar. This is what we do for fun! ;) |
 |
| I think this was Thursday night 8/2...I made homemade pizzas for supper! One was veggie and the other was hamburger. |
 |
| Saturday 8/4: We went to Schmidty's for dinner. Mom, Dad, and Jennica had been there once before. It was D and my first time there. I loved their breadsticks and salad bar! |
 |
| Chicken alfredo pizza w/ broccoli and mushrooms. |
 |
| Their pizza was pretty good. I would definitely choose this place over Pizza Hut any day! :) |
Okay, well I wrote this entry last night but am just now finishing up the captions for the photos. Happy Tuesday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment