So I am not doing that good @ updating. :( I am days behind! lol. Have been spending most of my time around the apartment and then hanging out with D's fam. On Wednesday night we drove over to his parents house and just kind of hung out there for a couple hours. His Mom made us some food, these fried chicken tacos with beans. There was something strangely addicting about this food! I think it was the combination of the corn tortilla with the homemade refried beans plus this mexican cheese that tasted kind of like monterey jack plus parmesan. It was like the perfect combination of tastes in my mouth and oh, so good, even though it wasn't anything especially special. lol. It's hard to explain, you would just have to try it! Nothing fancy, but addictively good! haha If that makes any sense.
So we just hung out in the kitchen. It was me, Diego, his mom, Jessie, Rachel, and Berenice. They reminisced about their childhood memories and eventually Rachel and Berenice pulled out a bunch of old photo albums. It was a lot of fun! I learned a lot about D's childhood. I had heard him talk about most of the things before, but it was interesting to hear it from a bunch of different perspectives. We definitely grew up a lot differently.
Thursday: I can't really remember what I did during the day. I think I worked around the apartment. We went over to the Skechers outlet and I got a new pair of tennis shoes for only $13! I'll have to try and post a picture. Then we drove over to downtown LA. His siblings were all going to some art walk downtown. I guess it's an event that occurs on the first Thursday of each month. They've gone to it a couple times before and really enjoyed it. Everyone was there except for Chicho and Crystal. We picked up Berenice on our way over. She had to work until 7 so didn't go with the rest of them when we left. Everyone else had gone over at around 6, but we got there a bit later. It was a lot of fun! It was soooo packed! Tons and tons of people! There were a bunch of food trucks located in one of the parking lots, so we stopped and picked up some food since Diego and Berenice were starving. Then we just walked around to all the different shops. There was a lot of art, music, and some crazy people. haha. There were also a TON of cops. Cops on foot, cops in cars, cops on horses, cops on bikes, haha. They were everywhere. I guess this is a big draw for the down town. This particuclar section of town used to be pretty run down, but over the past few years they've renovated it. Now there are a bunch of nice studio apartments and shops. So they hold these events to draw people down there and help the businesses. It's really pretty nice though! There are a bunch of older buildings downtown and the architecture throughout the buildings is pretty amazing!
Here are a few photos from the Art Walk:
 |
| Scouting out the Food Trucks |
 |
| some of the art on the ARt walk |
 |
| I really liked this artist |
 |
| This was my all time favorite! It's so pretty! |
 |
| A cake based on the game Angry Birds! haha |
 |
| They even had the smurfs! |
 |
| Chowing down near the Food Trucks |
 |
| Lots of long lines! |
 |
| Berenice, me, and Diego with the city in the background |
 |
| Diego and Joel |
 |
| Diego and Berenice |
 |
| Jessie and Berenice |
Well, I have more to write, but it will have to wait until later. Had a very busy day today and I'm pretty tired. I'll try to finish writing tomorrow! Night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment