I sent in D's application for a maintenance position @ one of the school districts. I really wish he could get a good position for a school also. He needs some quality insurance and some paid vacation days. He has personal insurance, but it's fairly pricey without a whole lot of benefits. I think there is something wrong with his CPAP machine, either that or he needs to get the pressure upped, but we can't afford for him to go in for another overnight test. As a result, he's just not getting enough rest. Of course, he doesn't have any paid days off so he can't stay home and rest a day or even take a day to go to the doctor. It's so very frustrating. Everyone deserves healthcare and vacation/sick days. It's really not right that so many people are forced to suffer while others just live a life of luxury. I will forever be an advocate of a publicly funded health care, like Canada. It should be a right in this country that every single person has health care access. Canada seems to be doing just fine while our country is in a mess. I think the Canadians must be doing something right ;) And I totally agree with William Buffett who argues that the super rich should have to pay more taxes.
“My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress,” the chairman and chief executive officer of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK/A) wrote in an opinion article published in the New York Times. “It’s time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice.” Link to article.
Anyways, I finally went to Yogurtland! Berenice had been wanting to take me there for awhile and we ended up going on Tuesday night. People that went included: me, Diego, Berenice, Jessie, Rachel, and Edgar. It's quite tasty! As the name suggests, they serve frozen yogurt, but it's a really unique place because it's like a yogurt buffet. haha. They have a good 15 or so different machines filled with different flavored frozen yogurt. You pick up your cup and then you can choose whatever flavors you want. After you have chosen your yogurt, you go through line and pick all the toppings that you want. And they have EVERYTHING! Fruit, candy, cereal, chocolate....lots of toppings to choose from! The price of your yogurt is determined by the weight, which is really different. It's just a really cool idea and it tastes really good! yuuum! I will definitely be going back! Berenice took us to the one in Little Tokoyo in downtown LA, but they have them all over. In fact, I found one that's only 5 or 10 min from the apartment ;) hehe
| Jessie hiding from the camera as always.... |
| Diego's expression in this photo CRACKS me up! I can't remember what we were talking about... |
| haha I think Rachel is giving Berenice a dirty look here ;) |
So I found out that they do indeed have Krogers out here! yay! They go by different names: Ralphs and Food 4 Less. There is a Ralph's right down the street from me so that's where I went grocery shopping yesterday. I never did make it over to the Walmart like I had planned. There aren't really any around San Pedro. Well, there is maybe one in Long Beach I guess....
So last night I one of the tenants was found dead in the elevator. Creepiness! D and I had been in the elevator only a couple hours earlier @ like 5:45 ish. They found him around 7:30ish and said that he was already stiff so he must have been in there awhile. I am so glad that I wasn't the one to find him in there. How creepy! Poor guy..... I think he was just old. That's what happens when you live in a senior living community I guess. Diego was over @ his parents house, so I had to call him and have him come back since they couldn't get ahold of Margo (his boss). They closed down the elevator for a couple hours so he was just lying in there while they waited for the coroner. I don't think I"ll be riding in that elevator anytime soon.
Well, my laundry is finally finished so I think I'm gonna head to the gym here in a few. Happy Thursday everyone! :)
1 comment:
I could not agree more about the universal healthcare. I don't get why people are so afraid of it when some states and entire countries around the globe have pulled it off with great success..
Post a Comment