Well, it's been nearly a week since I last updated, so I suppose I should write something. haha Let's see..wow, so much has changed in a week. Last week Jennica was still here and now she's back in Indiana :(
Friday: Jennica and I drove over to Hollywood. We walked around and looked at Grauman Theater, the walk of fame, Kodak Theater, etc. We actually went on a tour through Kodak Theater, which is where the Oscars/Academy Awards are held. It was pretty cool. They were actually practicing for Iris, a production of Cirque del Soleil, when we were in there. I would really like to go see that show eventually! I think they're going to be there for a year or so. Hollywood was absolutely packed with people! It was craziness! I thought Jennica would want to hang around there for awhile, but she didn't so we left and drove around Beverly Hills for awhile. It was really pretty but we didn't see any famous people. haha. We saw a bunch of tour buses driving around though. It seemed kind of creepy actually...all these tourists trying to spy on celebrities. haha. We probably should have gone on a tour, it would make things easier (traffic wise) and we'd actually know what we were looking at. Maybe we can do that in December when Mom and Dad come to visit.
As we were leaving Beverly Hills/Hollywood we got lost. Our GPS wasn't working and the one on my phone wasn't either, which was really weird. But anyways, we realized that we were driving in circles. haha. we finally made it over to the water and watched the sunset @ Santa Monica Pier. We just hung out and did some people watching, which was fun!
 |
| Capitol Records Building |
 |
| Marilyn Monroe! |
 |
| Jennica near the cast of Harry Potter |
 |
| Jennica in front of Grauman's Theater |
 |
| Buying postcards |
 |
| Posing near Elvis haha |
 |
| The Walk of Fame |
 |
| Elton John! |
 |
| In front of Kodak Theatre |
 |
| Our tour guide, Patrick from New Mexico. |
 |
| @ Hollywood and Highland Center Mall....the Hollywood sign is in the background |
 |
| Up on the 4th Floor |
 |
| Driving thru Beverly Hills |
 |
| Driving to the Santa Monica Pier for sunset |
 |
| The Beach! |
 |
| @ the pier |
 |
| Pretty sunset! |
 |
| I got a pistachio milk shake. yum! |
Saturday: On Saturday, Diego and his fam went to Palm Springs. They took a tramride up the side of a mountain and then went hiking. Jennica and I decided not to go and just hung around the house. We slept in late and then worked on unpacking and sorting boxes. Talked and watched some TV and just chilaxed. We ordered in pizza and watched "War of the Worlds". It was a fun, relaxing day!
 |
| Freshly showered and ready to eat some pizza! |
 |
| Yum! |
 |
| This is us with our garlic bread haha |
 |
| Watching "War of the Worlds" |
Sunday: We just kind of hung out all morning, much to diego's dismay. He was wanting to get up and going, but Jennica and I aren't really morning people. haha. We headed over to Diego's family's house and got there around 3ish. Diego got called to work about a half hour later because of a clogged sink. So he headed back to San Pedro while Jennica and I hung out with his fam. We played some card games and grilled out. Looked at pictures from their hiking trip and watched some home videos. Then Joel drove us back to the apartment. I think we got home around 8:30ish maybe. Diego was still working and didn't finish up until after 9. :( It really sucks because he's been getting an emergency call almost once a weekend so far. He's the only maintenance man so it's kind of hard to schedule things.
 |
| Joel looked out for us while Diego was gone. |
 |
| Getting ready for the cookout... that's Berenice, Jessie, Jacob, and Rachel. |
 |
| larry |
 |
| The back porch. You can see Crystal in the kitchen working on the pico de gallo. |
 |
| Berenice, Irma, Narciso, and Crystal. |
 |
| Chicho, Jacob, Leonard, me. |
 |
| Alicia, Bernice, Rachel, Jessie. |
 |
| Me and Alicia. |
Monday: Jennica's last day before she left for Indiana. :( We hung out around the apartment all morning/afternoon. Then we drove over to Long Beach to the bakery so that we could get some cupcakes for Jennica to take to Mom and Dad. We got there a little before close and they were out of most of the flavors so we ordered some to pick up in the morning. Grabbed some Burger King and took it to Point Fermin park, which is where Diego took us the first night we got into San Pedro. We ate and watched the sunset. It was reeeeally nice! A gorgeous view! We just kind of hung out @ the park. There were a bunch of raccoons that kept popping up near the fence. They kind of creeped me out a couple times. haha. Diego was obsessed with taking pictures of the moon shining on the water. haha. He probably took a couple hundred photos!
 |
| Jennica posing by the lilac tree near the fountain in the apt. building |
 |
| Diego looks confused. lol |
 |
| posing by the fountain |
 |
| Taste-testing our cupcakes |
 |
| Point Fermin Park |
 |
| A hungry raccoon |
 |
| Near the water |
 |
| I love this tree! I think it might be a fig tree, maybe? |
 |
| The lighthouse @ Point Fermin Park |
 |
| Diego was stealing my warmth...lol. It was kind of chilly out |
 |
| Diego was obsessed with taking photos of the moon. haha |
 |
| Getting ready to head up to the mountain |
 |
| On top of Mt. Baldy |
 |
| You can see the city lights in the valley.... |
We got home around 10pm and diego offered to drive us up to the mountain @ Azusa called Mt. Baldy. He had told Jennica that he would drive her up there while she was here. It was at least an hour drive up to the mountain, but we had some gorgeous views up there! We probably hung out on the mountain for a good hour or two. I think we got home around 2:30 am! We had a really fun time though!
Tuesday: We were all exhausted from staying up super late, but Jennica got up and packed. We didn't make it over to the bakery before her flight so I went and picked the cupcakes up later in the afternoon. Diego ended up driving us to the airport because supposedly the parking is kind of tricky. It was sad. :( I hate goodbyes. We both started crying. :sigh:
 |
| @ the airport...trying not to cry... :( |
 |
| My last glimpse of her. :( |
I drove over to Long Beach when we got back and picked the cupcakes up. I packaged them up and mailed them out. I guess they got them in the mail today, but they were all smashed from the delivery. :(
Well, I have more to say, but I really should get busy. I need to have something accomplished by the time Diego gets home from work! lol. So far I'm spent most of my day talking to my mom, talking to Jennica, skyping with Aunt Key, Grandma, and Jennica; and then updating my blog. haha.
More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment