is feeling so very, very sleepy. :yawnz: Waiting for Diego to get off of work and then I think we're gonna head over to his parents' house. I don't know what we're going to do over there, I guess eat and hang out maybe. Afterwards, I think we're gonna try to find a Walmart to do some grocery shopping. So far, I've shopped mainly @ the local Target, but they don't really have a large selection of grocery items. I tried Von's (a cross between a Kroger and Trader Joe's--they have a lot of higher quality items and organic food, which means it's a lot more expensive!) Today I went to Trader Joe's for the first time-- just to try it out because I've never been there before. I loved it! It's definitely kind of pricey, so I doubt I'll be doing the bulk of my shopping there, but I will probably go in there and buy a few select items every couple weeks.
So I signed up for the gym today! yay! D and I had gone to check out the YMCA on Saturday, but I wasn't overly impressed with it. So today I went to Bally Total Fitness and talked to the manager. He gave me a tour and discussed my fitness goals with me. He was trying to push the whole personal training package, but it's stinkin' expensive! lol. So I just signed up for the basic membership, which is $20/month. There's a $65 sign up fee and there might be a $20 some yearly fee. But it's a better deal than the YMCA, plus the hours are a lot better! They're open from 5am to midnight! I might try to convince Diego to sign up (I'll be highly surprised if he does though) However, if he surprises me and DOES want to join, then if he joins within the next 2 days the sign up fee is waived. So we'll see....$40/month for both of us isn't bad at all.....
I've been kind of frustrated the past couple days. I need a creative outlet! In the past I've expressed myself through writing (poetry/songs/journal) and music, but those things just aren't cutting it right now. I need something different. Since I didn't attend public school for middle or high school, I didn't really have an opportunity to take an art class so I really missed out on the basics of art. I've always been interested in anything and everything artistic, but just never had the opportunity to learn or be around anyone that was artistic. I have a whole list of things I want to learn: sewing, crocheting/knitting, jewelry, pottery/ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpting, photography and everything in between. lol... Of course there is also baking/cake decorating. Also, flower arranging. ;) My list of musical instruments that I want to learn include guitar, violin, harmonica, and various others.
Oh, and sports, I can't forget sports. I didn't take a gym class past 5th grade and since I always wore a skirt and was all girly girl, I never even learned the basics of sports. I've been thinking about it and it would probably be extremely beneficial to learn more about sports so that I could potentially coach at a middle/high school level. Having these skills would definitely help me stand out in a pool of job applicants or at least bring me up to speed with everyone else because principals are ALWAYS wanting teachers to be involved in extracurricular activities. I've already made a list of sports I need to learn: volleyball, soccer, basketball, and softball, *possibly* tennis (but I already know I'm not very good @ that! haha). I know how to swim, but I could stand to learn all the official swim strokes and I've never ever been on a diving board.
There are just so many things that i want to learn. Skills that I think would make me a more rounded person. I also want to learn some techy things...html, photoshop and all that fun stuff. The more skills I can acquire, the better!
Sometimes I feel so behind the times. It's like I have to play catch up. Anyways, yeah, i dunno. Well, Diego just got home. I'm gonna post a couple pictures and then I'm outta here. Happy Tuesday everyone! :)
| The outside of the gym. It's up on the third deck of the building. KInd of a different setup. |
| The movie theater that's a couple doors down from the gym. I didn't realize that it was here. Only 5 or 10 min from the house. |
| My very first purchase @ Trader Joe's. Carrot cake cookies and crumpets. |
| Getting ready to head over to the gym.... |
| Me holding up my Trader Joe's bag.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment