Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Friday already....

Well, we have been trying to go to Hollywood everyday this week, but haven't gotten an early enough start. Today I am DETERMINED to make it there. haha. I set my alarm for 8, but fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 9:30. Jennica woke up @ 9 though. So we'll probably leave here around 11 or so, hopefully, which is quite early for us. (Well, esp for Jennica :P)


I guess I'll update about the past couple days. On Wednesday, we went over to Diego's family's house. D hadn't told anyone that we were coming, so only Jessie and his dad were @ home. Leonard came over and we ended up all going to Santa Monica Pier. We were trying to make it there by sunset, but we missed it by about 10 minutes. :( Traffic was HORRIBLE so it took us probably over 30 min. to get there. Hung out around the pier. Diego had this cute little thing made with my name...I was totally surprised. I walked up and saw this guy making it, but figured it was for someone else (there were a bunch of other people standing around.) Even when I saw that it was my name, I thought, "Wow, someone else has my name with my spelling. " haha It wasn't until Diego actually handed it to me that I realized it was actually for me. Yes, it's that rare that he spontaneously does nice romantic things :P haha ;) But yeah, seriously, I figured there was no way that he would ever spend money on something like that, so it was quite a surprise.

The front of Diego's fam's house

Entering the front door

Their kitchen

Jennica with Bigshow!

Hanging out with Leonard in the backyard

Sitting in the living room..diego's trying on Jessie's helmet

Jessie and Leonard. Getting ready to head to the pier.

Santa Monica. We missed the sunset. :(

The beach @ Santa Monica

Jennica @ the pier.

Watching the street vendor make my name painting.

D and I with my painting. It's super cute! Sorry it's kind of blurry.

Me and Jennica. My camera doesn't do so well @ night.

Eating @ In-n-Out. Yum!


Leonard had to leave, so Jessie rode with us in the mini. He and I were squeezed into the back seat. haha. We went to In-n-Out Burger for supper. It's Jessie's favorite place and he was absolutely RAVING about it. It was fairly good, although nowhere as good as Red Robin! yuuum! I've been hungry for one of their Bonzai Burgers!

Yesterday was kind of a calm day. J and I just hung around the apartment. In the afternoon, we drove over to Long Beach and found this bakery that I had run across online. We tried their cupcakes, OMG! Sooo good! Especially their chocolate with pistachio buttercream frosting! To die for! I will definitely be going back sometime! but yeah, their cakes are gorgeous! Their shop is so cute and they have amazing cake stands! I totally want to have a place like that someday!  Here's the link to their website:  http://www.sweetandsaucyshop.com/about/dessert-studio/  Sooo good! I highly recommend this place. :)

Standing outside the bakery. There were all these older gentlemen sitting outside smoking. You can see one of them in the background. I mean, there were literally like 15 or 20 of them. The adjoining store must be a smoke shop or something. haha

Looking @ all the delicious selections!




Cake Stands in the back...

Jennica with her cupcake box. Pic is kind of dark.

Jennica got chocolate cupcake with PB frosting, choc cupcake with vanilla buttercream, and a s'mores.

Eating my chocolate cupcake with pistachio buttercream frosting! Soooooo good!

I also got coconut and chocolate with vanilla buttercream.

Cute little barber shop truck!


Diego and I drove around a bit last night. He needed new work boots because his old whens were literally falling apart. We ended up @ a Skechers store. I was surprised, but they actually have a very wide selection of different shoes! He found some nice work boots and I think we might go back and look for some tennis shoes. They're running this deal where you buy one pair, get the second pair half off. We have seven days to go back and claim our second pair of shoes. We'll see if we make it back or not. haha.

Last night was laundry night. I think I did about five loads of laundry. haha. these old people are so particular about their laundry. They are constantly complaining to Diego about the laundry machines. :rolls eyes: I'm almost afraid to do laundry down there. haha. Like one lady didn't look in the washer before she put her money in, and my things were in there. So she was upset and complaining to Diego because someone had left their things int he washer. He was like, oh, I think those might be my things. haha. Crazy old people. It wasn't my fault that she didn't check the washer before she put her money in. :P haha

So last night there was a free concert over in Pasaden: Poncho Sanchez! I was trying to convince Diego to go listen to him, but he's too lame and doesn't appreciate quality. Poncho Sanchez is also supposed to be playing here @ the Taste of San Pedro on Sunday, but I just found out that it costs $10 to get in to the Taste. eh, not so interested. I don't want to pay $10, I want it to be free! haha. We've been spending waaaay too much money lately.

Well, I suppose I should get busy. Need to leave for Hollywood here in a bit. Happy Friday everyone! :)

No comments: