Wednesday, August 31, 2011

3 years and counting... ;)

So Diego and I have now been married for 3 years and one day! ;) hehe Yesterday was our wedding anniversary! It's hard to believe that we've been married for 3 years! Craziness! The first half of the day was kind of bleh.

I had a job interview @ Costco in Torrance. They called me yesterday and asked me to come in, but didn't really tell me what position was available. They mentioned stocking, but said there were lots of different opportunities. My interview was @ 12.45, but they were running late so I dont think I interviewed until after 1:00 or so. The two ladies that interviewed me first were really nice. They said that I had a lot of experience {yes, I did work @ Sam's Club for almost 3 years ;) }  So they had me interview with the store manager. I think the interview went ok, but she didn't offer me the job. I guess they were hiring for stockers only right now, but they will soon be hiring seasonal help and may be interested in me then.  I had mentioned an interest in the bakery section, so who knows. Honestly, I have to admit that I wasn't THAT disappointed to not get the job. I mean, i was, only because we could use the money and I could use some health insurance,but it just didn't really seem to be a fit for me. It would be so horrible to go back to a job like that. ugh. It did kind of suck though because I think they hired the two people in front of me. I don't know how many open stocking positions they had, so maybe that's why I didnt' get an offer. That DID make me feel kind of bad, haha. They hired them, but not me?

Me getting ready to head to interview...


But I'm pretty sure it was for the best ! ;)  I'm thinking they saw through my facade and could tell that I really wasn't overjoyed to work there. I tried, I really did, but I just could not summon up the energy to be smiley and peppy the whole entire time.  Oh, and for long term goals I did mention teaching. Oops. So I don't want to work @ Costco for the rest of my life. :P that's not a bad thing! I did spew out some crap about wanting to find a company where I can grow. blah blah blah. But then I somehow mentioned something about owning my own business eventually. Augh! I need to learn to keep my mouth shut! I'm just too honest! :P So yeah, after that, I'm pretty sure I blew my chance of being hired. Who wants to hire someone that could someday be competition for the company? hehe ;) ;)

Anyways, so after the interview I was feeling relieved, yet depressed @ the same time. They hired this 18 year old kid that had absolutely no paid work experience and passed on me, who has sooo much experience. Ah well, like i said, I'm pretty sure it's for the best. It would be nice to have a job , to get out of the house and make some money, but I would rather hold out for a job that I WANT and would really enjoy! I guess we'll see what the future holds....

So yeah, our anniversary celebration was pretty low key this year. The past couple years we've gone on little weekend getaways, but this year we were trying to be especially thrifty. We ended up going to this little Thai restaurant called Jasmine Hana and ordering take out. Then we went to Point Fermin Park ,which overlooks the ocean, and had a nice picnic dinner. I think we stayed there for about an hour and a half or two hours. It was dark when we left and you could see the stars and the glow of the city lights.

Jasmine Hana Thai Restaurant ....it's a tiny little place, but the food was really good!
Looking up restaurants with take out

Some crazy skater on old school roller skates...he put on quite a show @ the street corner lol


We stopped @ the Korean Bell park first, but they were locking the gates...

Trying to get a picture...haha




We ended up having our picnic @ Point Fermin Park,

Our food! On the left is the roasted ducky curry that Diego ordered. He wasn't a big fan!



The tree that we were sitting under....

Thai Fried Rice with chicken and Chow mein with chicken. Yuuuuum!!!




The dessert that we got...sweet sticky rice with mango....SOOOOOOOOOO good!!!
Yeah, so dinner was really nice! Our food was delicious! I love fried rice and chow mein! delicioso! Diego wasn't a big fan of the ducky curry, but he brought it home to eat eventually. haha. He tried this drink called Thai Tea...it was this thick orangish looking drink that tasted like orange, coffee, and chocolate. I wasn't a big fan of it. Our dessert was absolutely amazing! I wish I would have taken a picture of it! It was rice with this coconut sauce and mangoes. Mmmmmm! It could easily become a favorite! ;)  I found the recipe online and I think I might try to make it sometime. Here's the link if you want to check it out! Oh, so good! I highly recommend it! :)

So after the park, we came home and watched the movie, "Something borrowed"....i wasn't overly impressed. I did like the cast! I <3 Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin, and John krasinski and there was this actor named Colin Egglesfield that looked like a young Tom Cruise! Especially when he was wearing aviator sunglasses! However, the movie just didn't stick with me. It had some good moments, but overall not so good. I was kind of disappointed. I mean, come on, it's a chick flick, I don't have extremely high expectations for those kind of films haha :P but it wasn't quite what I had hoped it would be.

Oh, and Diego got me roses and a card!!! Very nice! 


Card that I made for Diego!


Anyways, oh, here are a couple pictures from last week that I forgot to post.
I got my diploma in the mail! Don't know how I forgot to post this one! :D
Berenice @ the Seashore Village on Saturday

Saturday night

Unpacking our new portable AC on Sunday night

late Sunday night. D has crazy eyes!

Gathering the ingredients for stir fry on Monday.....


No comments: