Aren't these Christmas cookies just the cutest!? Only three more days until Christmas! And so much to do! D's mom called @ 7 this morning asking if I will be coming over to help make tamales....I really don't have the time, but I will probably go over and help for at least a couple hours. A few minutes after that, Larry texted Diego asking him some question about acne medicine and then one of D's old coworkers texted him telling him that her husband (D had worked with him also) had been killed in a car accident. :(
D got up for work and had the lights on while rummaging around looking for clean work clothes. He never did find any--oops, that's why the hamper has been overflowing I guess. haha :P After all the commotion, there was no way I could get back to sleep( and I tried, let me tell you!) haha so I decided to get up and do some early morning laundry. Unfortunately, by the time I got down to the laundry room, all the washers were filled. I'm pretty sure only one person was using all FIVE machines. Grrrr....How annoying!
So here I am, trying to figure out what to work on next. Should I run over to Walmart to shop early and try to beat the crowds? Or wait around for an open washing machine? I still have 4 gifts to work on also. Not including the wood project, which I'm beginning to doubt will ever be finished. Ah, the joys of the holidays. I keep going back to D's coworker though and how tragedy can strike out of nowhere. It kind of helps me get my priorities straightened out. It's so easy to get caught up in the holiday rush and forget about the things that are really important.
So yesterday I had a two hour home session with my client. Found out that his mom is cancelling home sessions, so I will only be working @ school with him. It kind of stinks because I could use those four hours a week, but it's also great because now I don't have to worry about those shifts next week when mi familia is here! :)
I was so annoyed with myself yesterday because I lost a $20 bill. :( I had it in my pocket and kept thinking to myself that I needed to be careful otherwise it would fall out since I kept taking my keys and phone out of my pocket. Well, after leaving the store I realized that the money was gone. :( Unfortunately, I was quite a ways away before I realized it and figured it was probably long gone. Don't you just hate that kind of thing? $20 isn't a fortune, but it sure adds up. i was going to use it to buy one of D's Christmas presents. :sigh: I consoled myself by saying that maybe someone else really needed that $20 and God used me to help them out. D said the exact same thing when I told him, so yeah. It was strange really, almost like I knew that I was going to lose that money, yet I still put it in my pocket. I kept checking to make sure it was still there and was so conscious of it being there, yet it still disappeared. I think it was meant to be. :P
When I got home yesterday, D's coworker Martha gave us a bunch of free food that was left over from the Christmas party, so maybe that evened out to $20 worth! haha :)
Anyways, I think I'm going to run to the store! I want to get this out of the way and hopefully beat all the giant crowds of shoppers!
D got up for work and had the lights on while rummaging around looking for clean work clothes. He never did find any--oops, that's why the hamper has been overflowing I guess. haha :P After all the commotion, there was no way I could get back to sleep( and I tried, let me tell you!) haha so I decided to get up and do some early morning laundry. Unfortunately, by the time I got down to the laundry room, all the washers were filled. I'm pretty sure only one person was using all FIVE machines. Grrrr....How annoying!
So here I am, trying to figure out what to work on next. Should I run over to Walmart to shop early and try to beat the crowds? Or wait around for an open washing machine? I still have 4 gifts to work on also. Not including the wood project, which I'm beginning to doubt will ever be finished. Ah, the joys of the holidays. I keep going back to D's coworker though and how tragedy can strike out of nowhere. It kind of helps me get my priorities straightened out. It's so easy to get caught up in the holiday rush and forget about the things that are really important.
So yesterday I had a two hour home session with my client. Found out that his mom is cancelling home sessions, so I will only be working @ school with him. It kind of stinks because I could use those four hours a week, but it's also great because now I don't have to worry about those shifts next week when mi familia is here! :)
I was so annoyed with myself yesterday because I lost a $20 bill. :( I had it in my pocket and kept thinking to myself that I needed to be careful otherwise it would fall out since I kept taking my keys and phone out of my pocket. Well, after leaving the store I realized that the money was gone. :( Unfortunately, I was quite a ways away before I realized it and figured it was probably long gone. Don't you just hate that kind of thing? $20 isn't a fortune, but it sure adds up. i was going to use it to buy one of D's Christmas presents. :sigh: I consoled myself by saying that maybe someone else really needed that $20 and God used me to help them out. D said the exact same thing when I told him, so yeah. It was strange really, almost like I knew that I was going to lose that money, yet I still put it in my pocket. I kept checking to make sure it was still there and was so conscious of it being there, yet it still disappeared. I think it was meant to be. :P
When I got home yesterday, D's coworker Martha gave us a bunch of free food that was left over from the Christmas party, so maybe that evened out to $20 worth! haha :)
| Beans, rice, and tamales left over from the party |
Anyways, I think I'm going to run to the store! I want to get this out of the way and hopefully beat all the giant crowds of shoppers!
No comments:
Post a Comment