I'm sitting here listening to Christmas music on Pandora while I should really be busy cleaning. haha. But I wanted to take a break and update since it's been almost a week since I've written. My plan for today is to clean/organize the apartment and also work on Christmas gifts. D's work party is this afternoon and he didn't want to go so in order to avoid it, he headed over to his fam's house, which is fine by me because honestly he would just get in the way of my cleaning. haha :P I have the apartment all to my self, so hopefully I will get something accomplished!!
This past week has FLOWN by and has been kind of crazy! My week in review:
On Monday I had an interview up in Culver City and then did some shopping.
 |
| Yuuumy! |
 |
| I LOVE peppermint hot chocolate! So delicious! |
 |
| Ate @ Popey's Chicken for the first time in probably 20 years. Unfortunately, we went to a ghetto store and were NOT impressed. I would choose KFC over Popeye's any day of the week! |
 |
| There have been a bunch of open teaching positions! These are some that I've applied for recently. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from anyone yet. |
 |
| Package that I mailed to my parents. They received it on Friday! |
 |
| I sent Mom a couple snowman ornaments... |
By the way, My phone was being crazy so I did not receive any texts from Monday night through Wednesday evening. So if you texted me and didn't respond, that's why! Anyways, back to the week in review.
On Wednesday, I stepped full force on to a sharp pointy object and had to pull it out of my foot.
 |
| From the drain in the bath tub. D had removed it and it somehow ended up on the bathroom floor. |
I had two different punctures on the bottom of my right foot. I was hoping that they would be okay, but they were pretty red, swollen, warm, and painful so I decided that I should probably see a doctor to get a tetanus shot and make sure there was no infection. I had to work on Thursday morning, but luckily my afternoon session was cancelled so I was able to spend that time trying to find a doctor. I tried the free health clinic, but they don't give tetanus shots. The walk-in clinic down the right was going to charge $200 that we had to pay up front. I called several doctor's offices. One couldn't guarantee an appointment time and would charge approx $100. Another was going to charge $250! Yikes! However, when I said I couldn't afford that price, the nurse gave me the name of a walk-in clinic in Hawthorne that only charges $60 (that includes the doctor visit AND the shot). So that's where we went and it was a great place! Everyone was super friendly and helpful.


My blood pressure was up when we were there 140/90 and the doctor said that he was a little concerned because it's near borderline and that I could go back for a follow up consultation for only $25. It really worried me that it was so high because it rarely is like that, but I think I was just stressed. I could feel the stress because I had a horrible headache and my ears felt like they were on fire.
Anyways, the doctor prescribed an antibiotic because he said my foot was starting to get infected. He also gave me a tetanus shot.
So we spent all Thursday night at the doctor's office and then running around to different pharmacies checking out prices for antibiotics.
Friday was the last day of school sessions for the next three weeks! yay! I have to say that I'm very excited! The day went by pretty quickly. We did a lot of fun holiday art activities and had a holiday party at the end of the day.
 |
| Tissue paper wreath that my client made.... |
I had an eye appointment @ 5.30. One really negative thing about living in a new place is trying to find new a new doctor/eye doctor/dentist/hair stylist etc. I had called around to different eye doctors, but ended up making an appointment @ Sears Optical in Carson.
 |
| Waiting in the office... |
 |
| The doctor (and his office) were like a time warp from the 60's. haha...but he seemed to know what he was doing and gave me a $20 discount! Yay! |
 |
| D couldn't quit reading this book in the waiting room... |
 |
| The mall decorated for Christmas...After my appointment, Chicho and Crystal met us for dinner @ Five Guys. Then we went over to visit Alicia and Larry. |
 |
| Before heading home, we stopped by Target. I convinced D to guy me this picture as an early Christmas present! Isn't it pretty?! |
Well, this has taken much longer than planned. I suppose I should get busy! Christmas is only a week away!!!
1 comment:
Ouch, that sounds painful! Glad you got it taken care of. Nice picture from Target. Where are you going to hang it?
Post a Comment