Just popping in to write a quick entry. Hard to believe that it's less than a week until Christmas!
I've been cleaning and organizing up a storm and the apartment is slowing looking better! Saturday I did some major work in the living room/kitchen. Yesterday I worked in the bedroom and it's looking a ton better! Today I have been deep cleaning the bathroom and still need to clean out the refrigerator. I also want to clean out my car today, but we'll see if I can get that accomplished. It seems like I clean a lot, but I am a slob by nature and D is even worse and of course he never cleans, let alone organizes, so i'm left doing the work for both of us. :P He doesn't mind wallowing in a pig pen, haha, but I actually love to have things neat and organized. It's just a TREMENDOUS effort for me to maintain the neatness. However, I've found that I feel and think so much better when I'm in a nice, clean, organized environment. When my surroundings are cluttered, my mind feels cluttered as well.
We still have a couple more tasks to finish this week:
- Hang pictures/photos on walls
- D put together bookcase that we bought for our board games
- Work on a Christmas project that we're attempting
- Finish some Christmas shopping
- Go Christmas food shopping
- Possibly go w/ D's bro to find a puppy for his gf
My to-do list also includes:
- Finish 2 gifts for Jennica (time consuming)
- Finish D's homemade gift (also time consuming)
- Work tomorrow for two hours
- Make Christmas dessert (to give to D's co-workers)
- Laundry
- Make tamales w/ D's mom and sisters ( on Thursday)
- Basic cleaning/upkeep
- Wrap presents
- Run Errands
- Bake sugar cookies w/ D's mom
- Paperwork for my job
Anyways, here are a couple pics:
 |
| Our service on Sunday basically consisted of singing and their music is SO professional! It's amazing! We're hoping to go to the Christmas Eve service this weekend and take some of D's familia. |
 |
| @ Home Depot...looking for some wood for a project we're working on... |
 |
| Found it! |
 |
| Having it cut into smaller pieces... |
 |
| Berenice was pushing D on the cart. haha |
 |
| I was watching the Hollywood Christmas parade on TV and saw the band from Jefferson High School in Lafayette, IN! How weird! |
 |
| Bookcase that Larry and Alicia gave us...they brought it over on Sunday night... |
 |
| Bookcase that we bought for our board games... |
 |
| Gigantic box of board games... |
 |
| Lots of brightly colored gifts...courtesy of mi familia! |
My foot is feeling better, thank goodness! But the antibiotic that I'm on has been making me feel kind of sick. Also my arm was swollen and red in the spot where I received my tetanus shot. Then on Sunday I was freaked out because I had this red rash that appeared on my shoulder/arm near the place where I received my shot. So I'm not sure if it was from the shot or maybe an allergic reaction to this giant pomegranate that I had eaten. Thankfully, it went away. So yeah, my stomach has been hurting and sick and i've had a headache and I'm pretty certain that it's from the antibiotic (they are listed as possible side effects.) Also, it is a strain of penicillin or something like that and in the past I have had an allergic reaction to penicillin so who knows.
Anyways, well I need to get busy! I need to jump in the shower and then run some errands! Happy Tuesday everyone!
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a lot to do! What project do you need the wood for?
Post a Comment