Until Christmas! yay!!! I'm super excited, mostly because mi familia will be here! yay!!! But I also have a TON to do before then haha. I can't believe that there are only two weeks left...it doesn't really feel like Christmas time. Well, I guess it's beginning to, but it's just so strange because it's so warm out and it's sunny and so I guess maybe the weather is really affecting my Christmas spirit.
It's been a few days since I last wrote, so I'll update you:
On Thursday, I worked all day. Ran to Target, Goodwill, and Trader Joe's.
 |
| Full moon! View from Goodwill parking lot... |
 |
| These are amazing! |
 |
| Not quite as good... |
 |
| So cute! Chocolates from all over the world! |
 |
| cranberry orange bread...not the best... |
 |
| I made turkey sloppy joes...yuuum! |
On Friday, I worked until 2. The day really flew by because we had a going away party for the classroom aid, Diana because it was her last day. (She's starting nursing school.) So it was a big party! I felt a little awkward because they had invited my client's old therapist. She has worked w/ J( my client) for three years and knows everyone really well. So she came in and they were all saying how they missed her and saying " you should come back!" I mean, it's fine that they miss her, but it was just a little awkward for me because in order for her to come back I would have to leave. lol. So I was feeling kind of like an outsider and after hearing all of that, I just felt super uncomfortable. Plus, she was hanging onto my client and I just kind of felt like she was watching my every move. Kind of uncomfortable! Ah well, it was over quickly I guess.
When D got out of work we delivered a mirror and dresser to his co-worker's house. Martha showed me around the house and it was so gorgeous! She had it decorated for Christmas and it was just amazing! She had like a million beautiful poinsettas on the front porch. Literally a sea of flowers! And it was just so gorgeous! I wish I would have taken a picture! So we ended up staying there for three hours just talking. haha. It was nice though!
Saturday:
D and I watched a lot of "Mythbusters" episodes and then we got busy working on things around the apartment.
 |
| the shelves that d built for me! |
 |
| First layer of paint |
 |
| After fixing the towel rod in the bathroom, hanging the curtains in the living room, building the shelves in the kitchen and painting them...D earned a nap on the couch! |
 |
| Making room for the Christmas tree... |
 |
| Time to unpack it! |
 |
| Time for decorations! |
 |
| I was very happy to see that all the ornaments had survived the move and were in one piece! |
 |
| D woke up in time to put the star on the tree...haha |
 |
| perty! |
 |
| I look really corny here...haha |
 |
| moi... |
 |
| Overall a great evening! Had lots of fun decorating the tree and listening to Christmas music on Pandora! |
 |
| D adding the second coat of paint... |
 |
| Christmas cards are ready to mail...just need to add a couple addys... |
|
|
Around 10 pm, D and I decided to go get some dinner. haha
 |
| Yum!!! |
D wanted to go for a drive so we ended up driving about an hour or so south down by Santa Ana. It was fun to just randomly drive around. We didn't get home until after 1 am!
Sunday:
Got a bunch of things accomplished around the house! Was really happy to use the shelves that D built! They gave me soooo much more storage space!!!
Well, that's it folks. I'm off to bed! Nighty night!
1 comment:
Good lord, you actually have your Christmas cards ready to mail!
The shelves and tree look really nice! And that sloppy joe looks delicious.
Yeah, that party sounds awkward...don't take it personally though. Just because they like her doesn't mean they don't like you too.
Post a Comment