Sunday, April 1, 2012

Green Stuff *gag*

Hola, readers! Well, it's a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon! I should probably be outside soaking in the sunshine, but instead I'm sitting inside writing this entry. ;)  This past week has been crazy and hectic. It seems like there are so many things up in the air right now. I'm tired of the instability. It's getting to be too much. Bleh.

Just a heads up....I think I'm going to be temporarily changing my blog to private for awhile. ( a few weeks or so at least)...I don't know how long I will keep it private, but probably at least for the month of April. So starting sometime this week or next, you will only be able to read my blog if I add you to my read list.  If you would like to be added to my read list, shoot me a message and I will (probably) send you an invite. In order to read my blog, you will need to have a google account so that you can sign in.  :)

So many stresses, a lot of them related to D's current job. If you think of it, could you keep this situation in your prayers this week? We have both been pretty majorly stressed lately. But enough about that, here are some photos from the past week:

Diego w/ his bazooka that he's working on...He spends some time on it every weekend. haha Guys! :rolls eyes:
The paper that I had to sign for the little dog that we rescued.  I called on Tuesday to check on him and they said that he's doing okay.  He could walk on all four legs, but his back was hunched or something.  I'm going to try to call and check on him again sometime this next week.
I found these smurf animal crackers at walgreens and they are soooo good! they have the slightest hint of berry. Yum!
Teaching about comparative adjectives in my class. See my drawings down at the bottom of the board. haha I'm  not the best artist. ;)
I <3 these vintage looking buses! i've seen a few of them around here. I see this particular one almost every day when I'm driving to work.  I've been trying to take a picture of it for weeks but usually don't have a good vantage point. I happened to be sitting at a stop light when I saw this one zip past. I had just enough time to snap a photo! hehe See how the back is rounded. Love it!
On Monday or Tuesday, we went out to eat w/ larry and alicia. Gave Alicia a gift for her bday.  A picture of her and dobbie.
We tried out a new korean bbq. this one was a buffet. It was okay, not the best, but not the worst. D was trying some weird meats like squid. Yuck! He didn't like it very well either so at least he won't be getting it again at any korean bbq.

 Wednesday:
On Wednesday, we were looking for an address on Wilshire down near Hollywood so drove around quite a bit. I haven't been over to that area much so it was pretty interesting. I was driving and there was a TON of traffic so it was probably a good experience for me. We ended up eating at Boston Market in Culver City.  We actually saw about three different film sites. They were filming at some park that we drove by, then some random street, and then at a restaurant in Culver City.  I tried to take pictures, but didn't get a good shot!
Headed towards downtown...lots and lots of traffic, especially on the other side ( headed out of the city)

 Thursday:

After work, I went to Chick-fil-a for lunch.  It was the grand opening of this new store...there aren't a lot of Chick-fil-a locations around LA. I think it's just now starting to expand out here...
My meal! I love their waffle fries!
D dropped me off at work because he was going to be in the area...so i decided to sit outside at the table @ chick-fil-a while I was waiting for him to pick me up.  You can see my work building in the background...
I was kind of bored while waiting so doodled for a bit...
haha...I was really bored :P But at least it was a fairly nice sunny day...
A tree near my work...see the monkey/gorilla face in the bark?
D and I went to see a movie...It was absolutely deserted when we first walked in...We were originally going to see "hunger games" but we didn't like the first five minutes of the movie. The camera was swinging back and forth and giving us motion sickness. So we decided to go see "the lorax" instead. I'll probably give 'hunger games' another chance. maybe i'll watch it with jennica when I go home in a few weeks.

Chillaxin in the theater...

Diego eating skittles...

Us!

After the movie, we decided to go to the dollar store. They had lots of interesting things to look at...we saw this giant fly swatter and these sombreros.

Browsing...

I bought a couple pairs of flip flops...purple and green...

Cute little pinwheels...too bad I don't have a yard to put them in or I totally would have bought some!

Then we went to Michael's. Well, I went there while Diego went next door to the Salvation Army Store. There were soooo many cute springy items! Adorable! I love the teal color!

Aren't these so cool?

Adorable!




 Friday:

I can't even remember what we did on Friday...hmmm...Oh yeah, I think we just hung out at the apartment after work on Friday. Nothing too exciting. Oh yeah, and I talked to Jennica on the phone for 2-3 hours! So that was fun!

Saturday:

We went to the Science Center w/ Edgar and Rachel. I took a lot of pictures but will post them in a different entry.  Later on we went out to dinner w/ a bunch of D's siblings. Here are a couple pictures from dinner:
We ate at some Mexican restaurant that Larry recommended. The food was really good! But since it was saturday night they had a live DJ and the music was super loud and annoying. El Pescador Bar and Grille.
It was super packed!
I really liked this ceiling...



Hunger Games Bookmark that Jennica sent me! thanks, sister!
Giant oranges @ D's fam's house...

Gross looking green drink that D's mom made. I actually drank some this time around. ( It was so gross!!!) but it's supposed to be healthy...rachel added some pineapple and orange juice to make it sweeter for me. So I drank about half of it. Couldn't drink any more or i thought i would gag. D and I watched this documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and it was really good! the guys in the movie drank juice similar to this one, so I was a little more willing to give it a try.


Well,that's it for now. I'll try to upload the rest of the pictures from Saturday. Hope everyone has a good week! Let me know if you want to be added to my read list! :)

2 comments:

Jennica said...

haha! The photo of you guys in your sombreros with your fly swatter cracks me up for some reason.

It's nice that the Chik-fil-a is so close to your work.

Jennica said...

Oh, and cool bus! The school buses around here are either the regular looking or more updated shape.