"Life is all memory except for the one present moment that goes by so quick you can hardly catch it going."
Tennessee Williams
This quote is so true. It's also exactly how my life has felt lately. I just wish time would sloooooow doooooown! Unfortunately, that is most likely NOT going to happen, so I suppose I had better just get used to this crazy ride. :P
A little over a week until we head out on our road trip to Cali. I'm sad and happy at the same time. It's strange. We have continued to revise our travel plans, but I *think* we may have finalized most things. We have two hotel rooms left to book: in Sedona, AZ and also in/near Monument Valley. We're having a really difficult time finding a place around Monument Valley. At first we had pretty much decided that we would just continue on two hours to Tuba City; but, we looked up the hotel on tripadvisor.com and it got pretty bad ratings. Supposedly, some people have gotten bed bugs from this place, so we quickly decided that we definitely do not want to stay there! So then, we decided we would splurge a bit and stay @ this really nice place in Monument Valley called The View. I had called a couple hours earlier and they had two suites available (more than we wanted to pay but we were kinda desperate and plus, we REALLY wanted to stay there anyways. It's an absolutely breath-taking view) but anyways, the rooms had been booked. :( Needless to say, we are EXTREMELY disappointed. :( I think we kind of had our hearts set on this place.
http://www.monumentvalleyview.com So we're going to check back for the next two or day to see if there are any cancellations. We shall see. I don't know where in the world we'll stay if nothing opens up. That's what happens when you try to plan a big road trip with only a week and a half's notice. ah well, there's nothing we could do about that. We couldn't head out there until Diego had a job. So we'll just have to roll with it. It kind of stinks though because all the good places are mainly booked already.
Anyways, it's been a crazy week as usual with lots to do. My poor dad has been working himself to death this past week. The night evening guy @ the shop was on vacation and the other evening guy didn't show up so Dad has been working super long days trying to handle it all. One day he didn't get home until 10pm (keep in mind that he leaves by 5 or 5:30 am). Mom's been working a lot also. So it's just been Jennica and I holding down the fort. I've been busy getting ready for Cali. Finished my online class, except for the final which is schedule for tomorrow morning. I'm kind of nervous about it! Hopefully it will go well! the majority of my time today will be spent studying. joy joy. But at least I'll be finished soon! :D Hung out by the pool and relaxed with my mom on either Tuesday. Hung out with Jennica by the pool on Wednesday. This is the most pool action I've gotten all year. It's been sunny and hot, perfect pool weather! Plus, I knew that this was probably my last chance to be poolside before I leave for Cali.
 |
| Cotton raining down from the sky. It looked like snow. Twas beautiful! (although I know dad wouldn't agree with that---the cotton clogs up the pool and he hates it! lol) |
|
 |
| View from the pool. The clouds were so pretty this day! |
 |
| Perty flowers! They're a pain to water though.... |
 |
| Cool, refreshing water! |
 |
| My reading material! |
 |
| Plus this! I randomly got this magazine in the mail and I love it! |
I had my lil sister Kendra over to spend the night on Thursday night. I had promised her that we would go swimming sometime before I leave. I picked her up early Thursday afternoon. I was running a bit late because I had to go into the License Branch to switch over my license plates. And then my mom and I were trying to attach the plates to my car. It was so funny! haha But anyways, I finally got on the road. So drove to Laffy, picked her up. We drove back to Rensl, stopped and picked up some lunch and ice cream @ Busy Bee's. (I got a choc covered banana--oh, so good! Kendra got a chocolate/banana sundae--we have a slight obsession with bananas and chocolate :p haha) Then we came home,chillaxed for a bit on the porch and then jumped in the pool. Kendra swam and swam and swam and swam. haha I wish I had that much energy! I think she was pretty exhausted when she got out. Cooked some food and sat down to eat dinner as a family. Then Kendra and I raced to the Ritz Theater to watched "Thor". $8 for two tickets and a drink. Can't beat that! Plus the theater was sooo cute! This was only my second time there. The sound can be a bit annoying, but that's my only complaint. It was so nice as we walked out of the theater. It was a little before 9pm and just getting dark. The lights on the gazebo by the courthouse were shining brightly and it just felt so small town and quaint. I loved it! :D Reminded me of Gilmore Girls. haha
So then we went home and went for a walk with Snick and Jennica. After that, I showed Kendra my recipes for the best chocolate cake ever and also the Wilton buttercream frosting. We made the cupcakes and frosted them and then went to bed. On Friday, we slept in and then I worked on things I had to do while Kendra hung out by the pool. So all in all, it was a good time! :) I'm going to post a few pics, but will have more that I'll post later.
 |
| Kendra chillaxin in the hammock |
 |
| Thinking about getting in the pool | | | | | | |
|
|
 |
| She loved those goggles! |
|
 |
| This theater is so cute! | | | | | | | |
|
 |
| Kendra with the cupcakes she frosted. Aren't they cute? |
|
 |
| Showing off our cupcakes. Mine are the purple ones. |
 |
| She made these cute little hearts. So adorable and creative! |
Jennica got her new apartment! On Friday, Dad and Christopher (Hugo's son who's been working for dad this summer--he's become my dad's sidekick haha) packed all Jennica's things up into two different trucks. Plus we put boxes in my car and Jennica's car and caravaned down to laffy. Moved everything in to Jennica's apartment. Jennica and I hung out there for an hour or two trying to rearrange all her furniture in her living room. I think we narrowed it down to two different options. Both ways are really cute! The apartment is cozy and cute! Great for the price she's paying!
 |
| Jennica standing by the front door of her new apartment! |
|
|
Well, that's it for now. It's bright and sunny out so I think I'm going to head poolside to study! Happy Sunday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment