Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In a Mood....

*is feeling grouchy*  Something is wrong with the SD card slot in my laptop, which is a REAL pain in the bahooy. I hope that it can be fixed! I upload a ton of pictures and videos using that slot! I wonder if there is some sort of adapter I would buy if it can't be fixed.  :sigh: 
 
Other than that, it's been a good day. My mentor teacher, Ms. Avery, and her daughter drove up from Indy. We met @ the library and I helped Ms. Avery with some different things. After that, we went to lunch @ Slice of Pie. They have such good pizza! Yum! I think Ms. A and Ruthie were going to head up to the dairy farm afterwards. They invited me to go along, but I had too many other things to do. It would have been fun though! 
 
I ran to Walmart to return some ribbon and ended up spending too much money on some clothes that I found. I got some really good deals though--a few different shirts @ $5 a piece. So that's good! Aunt Lorie and Ryan came over for dinner.  Had homemade pizzas and a delicious oreo pie! Here's the recipe: 
 
Creamy Oreo Pie Recipe
(from the Nabisco site)
39 Oreo Cookies, divided
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter , melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philly Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
Crush 26 of the cookies; mix with butter until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate while preparing filling.9 of the remaining cookies; set aside. Beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add chopped cookies and whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Spoon into prepared crust.Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm. Halve remaining 4 cookies; stand on cut edges around center of pie.

I got the recipe from http://purplefoodie.com , but I think it is a Nabisco recipe and you can probably find it on their site somewhere. This is the second time I've made it and it's reeeeally tasty! I highly recommend it! I should have taken a picture of it, but I forgot. Maybe next time!

An update of the past couple days.  On Sunday, I spent most of the day out in the pool studying. It was quite nice actually! hehe I got a nice little tan while I accomplished something important! Can't beat that! I had my final down @ Purdue so had to get up bright and early.  Dad woke me up @ 5:30. ugh. So early! Drove down to Laffy, took my final, ran a couple errands,drove back to rensl., drove over to illinois to the orthodontist to pick up my brand new retainer. When I got back to town I drove around the countryside a little bit--went out to Smith Cemetery, my favorite place! I took a bunch of pictures!
View @ the Rensl. Airport




Here are a few more pictures from the past few days:


Trying to fit some things in my car to see how things will fit.
Mom @ Dad relaxing in their chairs waiting for dinner to be ready.
What was left of our pizza. haha
So I read that Netflix is messing with their prices and I'm quite annoyed! $16 to get both instant and one DVD?! Outrageous! That's a 60 percent increase! Talk about greedy! It's really ticking me off! A lot of people are saying that they will cancel their service, but I wonder how many people will follow through with it. It's definitely not right! I guess we'll probably just stick with the instant. But it's really annoying because I would like the option of ordering the actual DVDs. I don't really use that service all that often, but it's nice to know that you CAN. People seem to be in a real uproar about it, so maybe they'll actually listen to their customers and not go through with this ridiculous idea. I bet they will lose a lot of customers if they go through with this...

Well, I think I"m going to exercise and then head to bed in a bit. Night!


No comments: