Monday, July 25, 2011

We're almost there!

Well, we should get to LA sometime this evening. Craziness! I can't believe we're almost there....I'm definitely sick of driving. I'm beginning to feel homesick, but it's beginning to sink in that oh, I won't be home in Indiana for at least another 8 months. :(  I'm also excited to finally get to LA!

Our room @ Southwest Inn.
 So we spent the night in Sedona @ the Southwest Inn. We had actually stayed @ this same hotel 7 yrs ago when we came through here with Mom and Dad. It's kind of like deja vu. I remember a lot of things about it. Weird. We had originally booked a room @ the Sky Ranch Lodge, which is this old lodge up in the mountains. They have a GREAT view, especially during sunset, but it's extremely outdated! Like a time warp back to the 50's. Think Dirty Dancing--the whole lodge concept and there you have it. The outside was pretty, but as soon as we walked into the room we wanted to walk right back out. I don't think they've changed the bedspread since the 50's. It looked dirty and the room had this smell. I guess because it was an older building? It was messing with my allergies and plugging my head up. So we called and asked if we could get our money back. They said yes and we started looking for a different place.

Sky Ranch Lodge. This picture doesn't show the true experience. It was horrible! It smelled and was old!

Sitting in the car, trying to decide what to do. 


We actually sat in their parking lot for about an hour using their free wifi. haha. We couldn't decide what to do. If we should just get a different room here in Sedona, or travel on. At this point we were just ready to leave. The ride into town was not that enjoyable. It was beautiful for sure! But it was curvy...lots of crazy twists and turns up and down the mountains. I was the one driving and I was so dizzy when we stopped. lol. So yeah, we were just kind of ready to be rid of Sedona. But we went ahead and booked this room and it's actually pretty nice! We got a free breakfast, the room is nice! My car is safe, thank goodness!

Scenic route to Sedona. Not my cup of tea. It was pretty, but way too curvy.


Yesterday, we had another incident with my car. I'm really confused as to what's going on. I don't know if someone tried to break into my car a third time? I'll explain. So yesterday we had a relaxing morning @ the View hotel in Monument Valley. Got up and watched the sunset. It was beautiful!  We left the valley around 11:30 or so. Stopped in Kayenta to gas up the car. We parked in the front and Jennica ran in to the store. I gassed the car up and then ran in for about 5  min. When I came back out, I noticed that both windows and the sunroof were down AGAIN. We know that we did NOT put the windows down. And it's too much of a coincidence to hit both buttons for the windows AND the button for the sunroof which is literally on the ceiling. We checked everything before we walked in and they were all closed. I had the doors locked. Unless their is some sort of magical button that opens all three @ once, then it would appear that someone tried to break in to the car once again. It's really weird. And it had me totally creeped out. I was paranoid about staying @ a hotel and having my car out in the parking lot unattended. Thankfully, it made it through the night though. :) And we will get to LA tonight. We've already decided that someone stays with the car @ all times during stops. Sad, but I really don't want someone getting in there. It's not that I have a lot of valuable things in there. But we do have our laptops, journals, some important papers/documents, etc. And I can't carry them all around with me everywhere. i would be lugging a huge suticase around. haha. We've covered everything up with a sheet and have made sure that anything valuable is out of sight.

Anyways, we pretty much just drove all day yesterday. As I mentioned, we had an enjoyable morning in Monument Valley and then drove to Sedona. We were going to stop @ the Grand Canyone, but decided against it. We've both been there before and we didn't have enough time to actually enjoy the stop. It was $25 per car and it just didnt' seem worth the money. We were hoping to do something in Sedona, but by the time we found a different room we were tired and just wanted to relax. Plus, it was storming so there wasn't going to be a pretty sunset or anything. We might go see Chapel of the Holy Cross before we leave town this morning. But I'm not sure  yet.

 Well, that's it for now. Sorry I don't have any pictures to share. We didn't really take a whole lot yesterday. Oh, I did upload some pictures to my last entry. We FINALLY have phone reception! We haven't really had any the past 2 or 3 days. So that's nice. Well, next time I write I will probably be in LA. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: