So today was Jessie's first football game of the season! He's on the JV team @ Jeff High School. D & I got our tickets way in advance and had been looking forward to it for awhile! The JV game started @ 4...Diego had hoped to get off around 3 or so, so that we could get there in time, but we didn't leave here until about 4. Berenice lives just a block or so away from the school so we parked @ her place. Rachel also went to the game with us. By the time we got there it was a little before 5 and it was almost halftime. Unfortunately, Jessie's team was getting their butts kicked. :( The score was like 20 to 0. But it was just their first game, I'm sure they'll do better next time!! :)
 |
| The JV team |
 |
| The bleachers weren't that full for the JV game.... |
 |
| Berenice, Rachel, and Diego |
 |
| The team |
 |
| Jessie is # 17 |
 |
| After the game |
 |
| Getting ready to watch the varsity team |
 |
| They had @ least 10 cops there for the varsity game |
So yeah, the JV team didn't win. I don't know how the varsity team did, we left about 15 minutes into the game.
 |
| Saw this when walking home from the game. Creepiness!!! |
|
|
 |
| Berenice with her dog, Molly. |
So I'm sitting here watching "Suits" on USA Network. I love, love, love that show! I especially <3 Harvey! :)
Anyways, yesterday i went on a walk/hike @ the trails near the Trump Golf Course in Rancho Palos Verdes. There are some amazingly gorgeous views there! They have a really nice paved walking trail along the cliffs near the ocean. The trail actually runs through the golf course. There are also beach access trails, probably five or so of them, that take you down by the water. A couple of them seem really steep. I've gone on two of them so far. The first one I went on was labeled challenging, but i didn't the label until I made it back up the cliff. haha. It was kind of tough! Although I AM kinda out of shape. haha. I went on a way easier trail the other day, but didn't go all the way down because there was a couple down near the beach having a , ahem, moment. haha. Even that trail was a lot more challenging on the way up. Heading up those cliffs can be pretty tough! And you have to walk a bit after the cliffs to get back to the parking lot. Anyways, here are some pictures from my walk the other day.
 |
| One of the trails |
 |
| This was the first trail I went on a couple weeks ago. |
 |
| Very challenging indeed. |
 |
| This is the Dudyla trail. I was very tired by the time I got back to the top. |
 |
| The Trump Golf Course |
 |
| The paved walking path... |
 |
| This was one of the easier beach access trails... |
 |
| This one looked really steep! |
 |
| But there is a beautiful endpoint! |
 |
| Gorgeous! |
 |
| There is a really nice picnic area @ the top... |
 |
| Waterfall on the golf course... |
 |
| There's a really long, twisting trail on that cliff. Looks challenging... |
Yeah, like I said...it's really gorgeous! I'm trying to convince my dad and Diego to go golfing there sometime!!! hehe
So I guess there was a 4.2 earthquake here in LA today. I didn't feel anything, but one of the tenants was talking about it when I got home. I think it happened around 1:40 or so, which was when I was @ the gym. Maybe that's why I didn't feel anything. haha.
I think I'm really starting to like the Southbay area (San Pedro, Rancho Palos Verdes, Long Beach, etc.) From what I've seen of LA so far, I would say that it is the best place to live. We have an amazing view of the ocean, there are a lot of really great sites around here, it's the perfect distance from downtown, I like the feel of life near the water, there is a diverse population with tons of different cultures, and I just like the character of the city. So far, I haven't noticed a whole lot of crime ( knock on wood). I did hear my first gunshots last night. Three in a row. Diego heard them too. And no, it wasn't fireworks. I did hear a firecracker tonight. It was that same "bang" sound but then I heard the sparkling of the firecracker. So yeah, last night it was definitely gunshots. And it sounded pretty close too.
Ok, well, I suppose I should get some sleep! Tomorrow is Friday. It's Labor Day weekend! yay! that means Diego will hopefully not have to work on Monday. Stay safe everyone and hope you have an amazing weekend! :)
2 comments:
I'm glad you're starting to like it. :)
I like your pictures and it sounds like a really neat place to be a bilingual person!
Post a Comment