Happy Friday! I'm sitting here eating some cherries, thinking about jumping in the pool here in a bit. Almost every day I think about getting in the pool and then I get too busy and don't have time or just choose not to make the time I guess. This past Sunday, Jennica, D, and I all got in and were having a bunch of swimming contests. I think we were in there for a few hours. haha It was pretty fun! I'm trying to convince them to get in again today!
It's been so ridiculously hot the past week or so that it's been perfect pool weather; although it's been SO hot that the pool water hasn't even seemed cool. Last week the temperature was in the 100's and the pool temp was running about 85 or so. This week it's been in the high 80's-low 90's so I would imagine the pool temp should be better too! The temperature was so bad last week, that one day I could barely even stand to walk outside! I went out to water the flowers and thought I might have a heat stroke! I was feeling sick to my stomach and felt like I could barely breathe. Craziness!
Last Saturday was Cruise Night here in Rensl. Aunt Mary and Uncle Chris had a cookout and invited us over. It was soooo hot that I could barely stand to go outside. After the cookout, they were going up town to watch the old cars, but I knew that if I was out in that heat I would get a massive headache, so didn't go. It worked out though, because as D and I were headed back to the house, we got stuck in traffic and go to watch all the old cars from the comfort of our air conditioned car. hehe. :)
So it looks like we won't be living in Rensl much longer-- D and I found a duplex to rent down in laffy. I really wasn't expecting to find something so soon! Last week we called about a 'for rent' sign that we saw, but the lady told us that the place had just been rented out that morning. The next day she called us and said that the girl had backed out. We went down to look at it on Monday, faxed our application down on Tuesday morning and then Tuesday evening they called us back and said that we could have it. Supposedly a couple other people were applying for it, but the owner picked us because he liked the fact that we are starting our own business. He said it takes a lot of ingenuity and hard work and that he liked that about us. I figured that we wouldn't be high up on the list because we're currently unemployed. haha. But we got it! I'm pretty excited about it! It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Plus, a garage! It's a really open concept-- the dining room/living room are connected, high ceilings, and a fireplace! Also, a washer and dryer! Yay!
We can get in on Monday. Our moving container is being delivered on Thursday and we'll have a week to unpack it. It's a great location--over on the south side, about 5 minutes away from the yogurt shop location. So that's some exciting news!
Well, lots more to say, but I'll save that for another entry. Here are a few more pictures that I wanted to share from last week:
 |
| Sunday 7/1/12: Dinner @ Texas Corral in Merrillville. D and I went up to church w/ M&D and then went to dinner w/ them! They had a John Wayne painting up on the wall and I had to a pic of Dad w/ good ole' John! |
 |
| Tuesday 7/3/12: We had a cookout on the 4th of July. This is us getting our dessert ready the night before. We made a Strawberry Tunnel Angel Food Cake. This is the filling to fit in the tunnel. It tasted like strawberries and shortcake! |
 |
| We sliced a hole in the cake and then inserted the filling... |
 |
| Then placed the top back on... |
 |
| Wednesday 7/4/12: Playing volleyball in the pool. |
 |
| Uncle Gary and Dad playing corn hole. |
 |
| Mom & Jennica |
 |
| The guys surrounding the grill.... |
 |
| Grandma waiting for the food to be ready! |
 |
| Mom & Rena delivering some snacks to the guys |
 |
| Being served poolside |
 |
| Aunt Key & Courtney |
 |
| Finally, the food was ready! The adults (+Courtney) eating in the dining room |
 |
| The "kids" eating in the family room |
 |
| Kristina testing out the hammock |
 |
| Christoph trying on my hat |
 |
| I think Rena was watching the corn toss... |
 |
| Kristina trying on her new apron! It's so cute!!! |
 |
| Looking @ logos for our business... |
 |
| Pretty! |
 |
| My beautiful sister |
 |
| And my adorable little snickle! :) |
* Most photos from the 4th taken by Jennica! Thanks, sister!
Well, that's it for now. Time to get busy!
1 comment:
What a cool cake!!! Great news about your apartment, too! :)
Post a Comment