Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Soffits

I've learned a new word:  soffit.  Until this past week, I had never really heard of it.  Here's the definition:

the underside of an architectural feature, as a beam, arch, ceiling, vault, or cornice.
 
This is an example of a soffit. Just in case you were wondering. ;)

Here's a run down of the past couple days:

Saturday: 
Dad and Diego were down in Indy all afternoon picking up a walk in cooler. They finally got back around 6ish I think and they were pretty exhausted. We went to Pizza Hut for dinner and then picked up an ice cream cake from DQ.  Hadn't had one of those in forever!!

Sunday: 
Dad made breakfast burritos for breakfast. I love Sunday breakfasts w/ the familia! :)  In the afternoon, we got in the pool and were swimming laps.  I used to swim ALL the time when I was young, but haven't really been a big fan of swimming in recent years.  I hadn't put my head under water in forever, but I finally did on Sunday and it was pretty fun! It sure makes swimming laps a lot easier! Pool time and Rick's Pizza are quickly becoming our Sunday routine.

Monday:
Over the weekend, we decided on an interior designer.  Her name is Joelle.  She's a recent grad and doesn't really have commercial experience, but she seems really nice, she's really creative, seems like a hard worker, and seems excited to have this experience. 

So on Monday, we met her down @ the location. Signed the contract, started talking about the layout, etc. She will be doing the blue print for us as well.  Then we all met with a potential contractor. 

Today: 
Hung around the house.  Swam some laps in the pool.  Did some housework.  Business communication via emails.  Some work w/ the logos.  Made supper.  Watered the flowers.  Made strawberries and shortcake. Watched a movie w/ the familia.  Have been doing research about decor etc. 

And that pretty much sums up the past couple days....

I'm starting to get excited about our logo.  I think we have it pretty much narrowed down.  Just have to work out a few details.  I uploaded a bunch of different logo options to Facebook to try and get a bunch of people's opinions.  It's so helpful to hear what other people think. I did an online survey for the name as well and it turned out to be really beneficial.  It's weird how some people that I wouldn't expect to reply actually do reply, while other people who I would think WOULD reply actually don't... 

Anyways, here's a link if you want to take a look at some of our logo options:

http://99designs.com/logo-design/vote-e3txaz



This week is fair week here in Jasper County.  I've been thinking about going out to get an elephant ear, but I kind of doubt I'll make it out there.  We never went when we were young.  I've gone out there a few times over the past couple years though.  It would be kind of nice to visit the state fair this year, but we'll see.  I would imagine that we'll be pretty busy in August.  The one good memory that I have of the fair is that Grandma Ruthy would ALWAYS bring me and Jennica an elephant ear.  I think almost every year.  That's my best memory of the fair.  I was thinking about it the other day. I could hear the sounds from the fair grand stand and it made me think of Grandma.  I sure do miss her. 

I regret not spending more time with her before she died.  At that time I was so busy and distracted.  Diego had moved out here from Cali and we were dating.  Plus, I was in school.   I COULD have spent more time with her.  It makes me sad that I didn't.  I'm afraid that I'm making that same mistake w/ Grandma Stella.  I've only visited her a couple times since I've been home.  She's just down the street, I really need to spend more time with her. Grandma's memory is deteriorating and it's so sad to see, but that's no excuse.  We *have* been busy w/ the yogurt shop, but I can still make time to see her.  I"ll try to do better! :)



Well, that's it for now.  I have some pictures to upload, but I'll do that at a different time. Night, everyone!
 

No comments: