It's Thursday! Woke up to a nice thunderstorm this morning. I love rainy mornings,as long as I don't have to get up early. The storm woke me up pretty early and then D got a phone call a little before 7. It was the Pack Rat driver calling to tell us that he would be delivering our container in an hour. I didn't realize they would be delivering it SO early! Thankfully, he said that we didn't have to be there for the delivery, which was a pleasant surprise! We tried to get back to sleep, but then a couple more people called so we finally just got up.
Yesterday we went down to laffy and cleaned the duplex. The realtor had told us that it had been cleaned, but it was super dirty! It had obviously not been cleaned because there was dirty everywhere! D and I started cleaning around 5pm and didn't leave until around 10. Five long hours of cleaning, but we got almost everything done! I was exhausted afterwards! I haven't cleaned that much in awhile. I wiped everything down--the doors, the doorknobs, some of the walls--even though the lady said it had been painted.
The realtor said that the carpets had been cleaned, but we decided to get them cleaned anyways. So today we headed down to Laffy to wait for Stanley Steemer. The pack rat was parked in the driveway and we had to unload the couch since we were getting that cleaned as well. The duplex smells SO much better! The technician said that it didn't look like the carpet had been cleaned.....so I don't know how much of what the realtor said was true or if she was spinning tales.
Went in and got our water hooked up and called to get the electric switched over to our name. Now we need to get everything unpacked. I'm thinking we'll hopefully do that tomorrow or Monday. We shall see.
Well, that's it for now. I"ll leave you with a few pictures that I uploaded a week or two ago.
 |
| 7/7/12: Dessert @ the Hannon's cookout. Lots of yummy ice cream! |
 |
| Sunday 7/8/12: Putting up the badminton net |
 |
| I'd never played badminton before, but it was pretty fun! |
 |
| My cute little snickle! |
 |
| After a busy afternoon filled w/ badminton and swimming, we ordered Rick's Pizza for dinner! Yuuuum! |
 |
| The clouds looked so beautiful! |
 |
| D feeding Snickle some scraps |
 |
| Monday 7/9: Went to Indy to check out a walk-in cooler. This was a former ice cream stand. |
 |
| Cute cake stand @ the ice cream shop |
 |
| Afterwards we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. |
 |
| Waiting for our food |
 |
| I look kind of rough here... |
 |
| My giant burrito! It was DELICIOUS! |
 |
| Jennica loves their grilled cheese sandwich |
 |
| Tuesday 7/10: We were finally able to get into our location! D checking out the ceiling |
 |
| The fireworks people had not moved their things out yet, so that was annoying. |
 |
| D taking measurements |
 |
| Moi |
 |
| Writing down measurements for the front entryway |
 |
| us |
 |
| Measuring the sidewalk... |
No comments:
Post a Comment