Thursday, April 21, 2011

Goodbye is Not Forever (Man, what a morbid sounding title! haha)

My dad helping Diego clean his truck for the trip.

Diego with his food for the trip.

Our final glimpse as he drives off....  :(


Diego left on his cross country trip to Cali yesterday morning.  Mom made a giant farewell breakfast---french toast and scrambled eggs. It was a sad goodbye. :(  He ended up leaving a little later than planned and didn't get on the road until about 10:30 Central time.  His goal was to get down to Temple, Texas, which is like a 16 hour drive, because he has a friend that lives down there. I was a little doubtful that he could drive it all in one day, but he did it. He got there around 5:30 am. I think. I'm quite impressed because I don't think that I could drive that long without a break! But I guess he's used to it since he drove a truck for awhile and was always helping his dad drive for their produce business out in Cali. Anyways, he spent the day chillaxin with his friend JR and he'll be leaving bright and early in the morning. I looked up directions on google and he still has a 23 hour drive ahead of him!

So that's the Diego update....As for me, I spent the day in Laffy sorting through boxes and papers. I have so much junk that I need to get rid of! I filled up two bags of trash and have a pretty good sized pile of things for the garage sale which we will hopefully be having in a few weeks! Jennica helped me sort through my things up in Rensl last night and I have a bunch of boxes full of things for garage sale also! So, I feel like I'm making progress! :) Honestly, I think I could easily become a hoarder! haha  Mainly because of all the papers and different items that I associate with memories---I never want to get rid of these things because they trigger past memories. I think it runs in the family though so at least I'm not alone. haha I think it's a sickness :P

Well, that's all for now. Good night all! :)

No comments: