Diego found out last week that he was hired on by a lighting company out in California. So, it looks like he will be heading out there next week sometime. The job offer is definitely an answer to prayers and I am extremely grateful because I had no clue how we were going to transition out there. But, at the same time, it's so very sad. :( This move is finally becoming a reality and I'm not liking it at all. Change doesn't come easy for me and I often resist it....this change will be even more complicated because Diego and I are going to separated for approximately five to six weeks. I have a lot of things to finish up here in Indiana and will then be moving out there in late May/early June. Things are going to be SO busy all the way up until the move, so maybe I won't even have time to miss Diego...lol. :P Here's a list of upcoming activites:
April 14: Meeting with Ms. Avery (Mentor teacher from Key)
April 16 +17: Visit Carra in Lexington, Kentucky
April 18: Dinner at Billy Bob and Beth's House
April 20/21: Diego leaves for Cali
April 23-May 1st: In Florida with the familia
May 7: Garage Sale
May 8: Mother's Day
May 14: My Graduation from Purdue!!!!
May 21: Wedding Dress Shopping with Kristina
May 28 or 30: My Graduation/Going Away Party
Beginning of June: Jennica and I begin our roadtrip to Cali
In between, I also have to finish my online class (It has to be submitted by June), pack, get things ready for the garage sale, apply for jobs in Cali, try to find an apartment in Cali, take a CPR class, spend time with my family, and I want to exercise/get in shape. :sigh: I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
But instead of complaining, I guess I'll just try and be grateful for this opportunity. L.A. is definitely not my top choice for places to move, but I'll try to keep a positive attitude and an open mind. I really am looking forward to living in a new place and experiencing a new way of life. It seems like we've been talking about this move forever, but now the moving date is just way too close for comfort. I'm beginning to get anxious! In spite of the anxiety, I have a peace that everything will be okay. I know there must be something in California for me. I just have to find it.
4 comments:
We are SO sad that you guys are moving! I think Billy is still hoping to talk Diego out of it. LOL
Wow Kylee! So much news in a post! It has been too long since we have chatted. You have big changes on the way. I'm amazed Diego is moving so soon. That is AWESOME he found a job...yippie!! - Kara
I know how it feels to move to a completely new place. Go you for keeping a positive outlook!
Thanks gals for your comments!
Beth--I'm sad that we're moving too :(
Kara- Yeah, it happened pretty quickly! We had hoped to hang out with you and Joel before Diego left, but it didn't work out.
Adina--I think that my move is going to be difficult, but I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you since you're in a completely different country! Hopefully I will adjust to a new environment as well as you seem to have adjusted. :)
Post a Comment