Sunday, September 18, 2011

I have an obsession...

.....with yogurtland. haha 4 days straight of eating yogurtland. uh oh. i'm thinking this is an addiction. :P haha

 So on Friday night we ended up hanging out with Larry and Alicia. Wanna guess where we went first? Yes, Yogurtland! ;)  The pic above is from Friday. After our yogurt, we went to Goodwill and then came back to the apartment and watched a movie "Max Payne" which was actually pretty good. Larry and alicia were our first real guests to the apartment since I've been here. Oh, wait, I take that back. Earnest was the first guest. And if you want to get technical Jennica was the first guest, but she's the one who helped me arrange everything, etc. so I didn't think that would count. :P hehe

On Saturday, Diego went over to his fam's house to hang out and watch some big boxing match on TV. I have zero interest in boxing and figured he could use some guy time, so I just stayed home. He was gone a reeeally long time like from noon to 11:30 pm. I watched some tv, laid out by the pool for about half hour (until the gardeners woke me up with their loud noises) went to yogurtland ;)  , went to the gym, and baked some cookies. I originally made them for Silvia (Joe's gf) because it was her birthday, but we ended just eating them because we never did make it over there to give them to her today.

My view of the pool from the lounge chair...
The cute little garden that's near the pool...
Diego's co-worker, martha, gave us some tamales that her aunt made...yum!


Anyways, I made the cookies and they were slightly burnt but still tasted yummy! I will definitely be using this recipe again: Sweet, sugary lime drops. They're pretty easy to make and taste delish! I just sprinkled sugar on top, but you could also frost them if you like a little more sweetness. I would imagine a yummy lime cream cheese frosting would be pretty tasty.



Baking has been quite a task for me since my measuring cups/spoons are all in the missing box that they have yet to find. I've been doing a lot of rough estimates. hehe. And I didn't have a grater for the lime zest, but thankfully i had a potato peeler from D's mom, which we hadn't returned yet, so that definitely saved the day. hehe. I'm learning to be extremely inventive.

So today, Sunday, got off to a slow start. I didn't wake up until like 10:30 or so. D woke up earlier, but he didn't get me up. So we ended up not going to church today. Which honestly, was fine with me, because i still hadn't even figured out WHERE we were going to go. I'm getting kind of frustrated with our search for a church. We've tried 3 or 4 different churches now. We went to one two weeks in a row. the first week the pastor was on vacation,so we went back the second week and liked everything about the place except the pastor. So that was really disappointing. Now we need to do a little more research. there are tons and tons of churches around LA, so many that's it's almost overwhelming! lol I'll try to make a list of potential places to visit so that we have one to try next week!

So yeah, we just kind of hung around the apartment. Then D got a call and was workign for an hour or two. Rachel and her bf Edgar had mentioned stopping by on their way back from Lobster Fest in Long Beach, but I don't think they ended up going. So then Leonard drove over and we hung out for a bit. We decided to go to the Korean Bell ( the view there is absolutely stunning) and then we decided that we should get a kite because it's always really windy up there. We ran to Target, but they couldnt' find any kites there. So we went to the Korean Bell and also to this little Marine Rescue place that Leonard knew about where they have rescued seals. I loved it!

A church near the airforce base and korean bell

The seals @ the marine rescue place...




This gigantic seal ( or walrus maybe?) in one of the pens....

awwww....

this crazy looking bird that was hangin out on the nearby rooftops..


haha crazy leonard



diego taking the poor little seal on a wild ride... :P ( they actually did have wheels haha)


headed back to the car



So after looking @ the seals, we hung out @ the Korean Bell. It had amazing views as always...













So then we went to this little park with a trail that took us down to the water.










































Eating our Pollo Locco @ home on the couch

My tostada salad! yuuum!
Sorry I got kinda lazy and didn't add captions to these last few pics, but it's almost midnight here and I'd best get to bed.

I think that about sums up my weekend. Oh, I do have a job interview scheduled for this Tuesday about some position as a behavior specialist ( working with children who have autistm) So we shall see how that goes! Keep your fingers crossed! ;)

Night everyone! Sleep tight!

1 comment:

Jennica said...

Your face is looking so thin! Despite the Yogurtland. haha. :p