Ok, well I thought that I should write another update before the weekend. I just took some yummy smelling chocolate cupcakes out of the oven and i'm waiting for them to cool. I may as well do something productive while I wait. Speaking of productivity, I feel like I've gotten quite a few things accomplished today! I spent most of the morning finishing up my answers to some test questions for a job. The job would be an editor @ SQA, a local company that works for big name clients such as NASA and John Hopkins. If they like what I wrote, then i think they'll call me in for another test and an interview. So it sounds a bit nerve wracking!
 |
| Cupcakes baking in the oven... |
 |
| Just waiting for them to cool so I can frost them! |
Other things that I've accomplished today: Lots of cleaning! I cleaned the bathroom, changed the bedsheets, vacuumed the entire apartment, fixed the sweeper, scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors, cleaned the kitchen and washed all the dishes, worked on budget and paid bills, made dinner, worked out, and baked some cupcakes! I still need to fold a bunch of towels (uck! i hate folding!) And I really need to do some laundry, but that will have to wait!
Things seem to be looking up a bit in my job search. At least I've been getting some calls!!! I have an interview scheduled for Monday afternoon about a job as a part time ESL teacher @ AOI College of Education in Torrance. I'm thinking they might be a bit desperate to fill this position. Schools usually want a teacher with previous ESL experience, which I don't have, so I'm surprised they're even considering me. The lady that I talked to said that the class would start on Wednesday the 5th! Yikes!!!!! I think the class would be M-F from 9:00 am to 12:45. I don't know if I should start planning a syllabus in case they WOULD offer me the job or if I should even take the job if they DO offer it to me. I mean, i would love to take it! It sounds like a great experience! But what if SQA would offer me a full time job w/benefits? What if they would offer me the job AFTER I've already accepted the teaching job? But then, maybe neither place will offer me a job. Who knows....
I had an interview on Wednesday @ Sylvan Learning about a part time tutoring position. M-Thursday from 3:15 to around 7:30ish. They said they had a few more interviews and they would let me know. But I think they were interested in me. They told me to go ahead and get my TB test right away. So yeah, I have NO CLUE what the next couple weeks may hold! I hate things being up in the balance like this. I would like to know what's happening! I am thankful that things seem to be looking up job wise though. :)
Anyways, enough about the job hunt. Here are a couple pictures from earlier in the week. On Monday, I decided to go for a hike @ near the water. I hiked out to the rocks and sat there enjoying the scenery. That's when I noticed the guy out on a surfboard! He kind of blended in with the seaweed that was floating in the water and I didn't even see him until he rode one of the waves. It was kind of cool to watch. That's the first surfer I've really seen out here. I was a little worried because he kept going towards this big rock that was sticking slightly out of the water. I kept thinking, "what if he hits his head on the rock? What would I do?!" haha But thankfully, everything was ok.
 |
| See all that seaweed floating in the water? |
 |
| See the little speck out in the midst of the water? That's the surfer! |
|
|
After my hike, I decided to stop by the grocery store since it's on the way home. This is what $80 buys...haha.
Of course, I was out of a bunch of basics like flour, sugar, etc. so that really adds up! I finally bought some of that yummy Mexican cheese that I love! So I've been eating a lot of bean/cheese tostadas the past week! hehe. And I got a great deal on the breaded chicken patties! They're originally $7.99 and I got them for only $4 and something! yay!
D's big boss was scheduled to come and check out the complex on Wednsday so Diego was super busy on Monday and Tuesday. I went and helped him organize/clean his shop because it was a MESS! Honestly, it was a huge job and there are still a ton of things that need to be done. It was really overwhelming just walking in and looking at all the junk! I swear they don't throw anything away! They keep everything in case they can reuse it. But I finally got a mental picture of how it could look and we got it cleaned up and arranged. We did the majority of the work on Monday night and finished it up on Tuesday evening.
D's supervisor is storing a bunch of things in the shop and had it all in a big pile. We stacked all of her things against the back wall and threw a drop cloth over it. Then we arranged the extra stoves and refrigerator in a line to kind of divide the room.
We put that big table in the center of the room next to the fridge to act as a workbench of sorts. That left a little corner in the back (behind the table) where we neatly stacked all the carts/tools. So all that junk was kind of hidden behind the desk. Kind of like a little storage area back there.
 |
| D's supervisor bought this to hang up on the 5th floor. I don't really think it goes with the decor though. i think it would look way better in Jennica's apartment! hehe |
So yeah, D's big boss came on Wednesday and I guess things went really well! The boss said that the place had never looked this good! He gave a lot of compliments and had good things to say. He raved over the orginization of the shop and said that maybe he would have D go arrange some of his other shops. ( He owns multiple properties) I think D was a little nervous about that since I'm basically the one that arranged it! haha He had told Margo ( his supervisor) that I'd helped him, but she was really talking him up to the big boss. So hopefully they won't ever send him anywhere to actually organize, because he would be in big trouble! ;) hehe
 |
| Homemade pizza that I made on Tuesday....I've REALLLY been hungry for a hamburger pizza. yum! |
 |
| Yummy bean tostadas w/ avocado that I've been eating...ive been using canned beans though. They would taste a lot better with home cooked beans.... |
I've also tried a couple new recipes this week: mango cake and pumpkin spice latte, but I'll save those for a different entry. Happy Friday everyone! Thanks for reading! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment