Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's Wednesday! ;)

Well, today hasn't been a very productive day.  I didn't accomplish much, or so it seems. I didn't get to the gym, so i'll have to make sure that i go in the morning.

What I Accomplished Today:

*Researched craft/diy projects
*baked swirled cream cheese pumpkin bars for d's coworkers
*Skyped with Jennica
*Talked to M&D on the phone
*Filled out job applications
*Made dinner

And that's about all the major accomplishments of the day. :P

I am feeling very, very restless. I've really been thinking about trying to start my own little business selling items that i make. There's the obvious: cakes, cupcakes, cookies, etc. I really think with a little practice, that I could definitely sell those things to bring in some extra money, but it would also be nice to make some non-perishable items that I could sell online, etc. I've run across a lot of ideas, but I"ll have to start practicing them to see if I can really make a quality product. I really, really need to learn how to sew! I could make soooo many things! maybe I'll put a sewing machine on my christmas list, hehe.

Here is a diy project, that I think I might start working on:

DIY Paint Swatch Chandelier


It looks really cute! I can't wait to make one! I'll letcha know how it turns out ;)

Anyways, so on Monday we were supposed to show Larry and Alicia the sea lion rescue center that we had gone to on Sunday. I decided to make some spaghetti so that we could have dinner before we went over there.




So on Monday I also tried a new recipe:  Swirled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars.  I found this recipe on this great blog called The Baker Chick! These bars are soooo tasty! A perfect Fall treat which I highly recommend.

On Tuesday, Diego wasn't feeling so good.  He couldn't sleep the night before, so we both tossed and turned. Then he woke up @ 5ish with stomach pains. He texted his boss to say he would be coming in a couple hours late, but his stomach pain persisted so we decided he should go get it checked out.

So we spent most the morning trying to get little bit of sleep, looking up symptoms online, trying to find a preferred provider that had an open appointment and finally someone recommended an urgent care that is just down the street. Diego hates going to the doctor, but was willing to go because I think he was a little freaked out. I still had to kind of drag him. So yeah, I had a job interview scheduled for 3 pm, but called to reschedule it because I knew by the time we got out of the dr, it would be way past 3. ( I still haven't heard back from them. :( Nothing I can do about it now though....)  So yeah, we were @ the clinic for a few hours. 

They gave D some meds and then also fixed his toe ( he had an ingrown nail that had been bothering him the past month or so.) The pain seemed to be in the middle of his stomach and was sore to the touch, but the doctor said that it's not near any major organ, so I guess that's good. He gave him the meds and said if D isn't feeling better by Thursday or Friday to go back in. 

Waiting for the doctor
Checking out all the cool doctor gagets
A little nervous about the needle that's about to be stuck in his toe...
It's all over with!

When we got back to the apartment building i had two packages waiting for me! :D

yay! my blanket!
and My baking stuff!!! I was so happy to get this! Thanks Mom & Dad!!!!
Wonderful hand towels that I received from my very thoughtful aunt ;) Aren't they gorgeous?


So I have been wanting to go see The Lion King in theaters! I convinced D to go see it last night because the theater has a deal where movies are only $5 on Tuesdays! He agreed to go because he thought it might help him get his mind off of his stomach and toe pain and he knew I really wanted to see it. So we went to this theater in Rolling Hills Estates, which is a kind of ritzy-ish area close to Palos Verdes. The theater --Regal Promenade 13--is in this really nice mall with a lot of fancy-ish stores. Think downtown Chicago, Magnificent mile or Carmel, IN stores. It's definitely a nice place.
The fog/mist rolling in....
In line for our tickets...
Okay, well that's about it for now. I think I'm gonna head to bed. Night everyone!













No comments: