Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stir Crazy!

I'm beginning to go stir crazy! I need to get out of this apartment and actually out of the city! Because of D's job we can't go far though...so that kind of stinks. I don't even know where we could go, but I definitely could use a change of scenery!

I have spent the large majority of the day filling out job applications and sending in resumes. There have actually been quite a few available job positions! I have applied for most of the ones that stuck out to me on Craigslist...next I need to focus on the jobs @ different universities. I have seen quite a few open positions, but I think it's really, really tough to get hired because they receive so many different job apps. Just hoping and praying that I get the one that's right for me. I applied for a job @ some Foster Care organizations and I think that sounds really interesting, but I don't know that I'm really qualified. We'll see I guess.

I saw that this same organization has a mentor program(kind of similar to Big Brother Big Sister) and I was wondering about looking into that. I've kind of been waiting to find out what my job situation will look like before I go around volunteering.  I don't want to make a commitment and then not be able to keep it because of my job. I did go ahead and contact the local library about working as a tutor in the Adult Literacy Program.  I'm supposed to meet with the coordinator this upcoming Monday.  I think it would be a commitment of an hour or two a week. Sounds really interesting! There are SO many different volunteer opportunities out here! I don't even know where to begin.  I would really like to get a job working for a non-profit company--that would be ideal-- but I'll just have to wait and see.

Other than job apps, today I have just been working on laundry and picking up the apartment. I was thinking about going for a hike, but it's so blessed hot outside that I think I'm going to skip it. haha. I think it's 95 degrees or so outside. It had seemed a bit cooler a couple days ago, but it warmed back up. I went for a hike yesterday afternoon and was shocked @ how hot it was! ( I had been in the apt all day with the AC going). Thank goodness I was near the water--there was a nice cool breeze! I went on one of the easier paths @ Trump and it was really pretty. It actually led me down to the beach, which was semi-secluded. It was beautiful! Hopefully I can convince Diego to go on a hike with me sometime soon!


2.5 hours later:

Ok, well I just got off the phone with Jennica. Took a break from blogging to catch up with my sistah bc we hadn't talked on skype in a week or so.  The rest of my entry was going to be about different recipes i want to try. I have a few different links to some yummy food. I have been in a baking/cooking mood for the past few days! I can't wait to try a bunch of new recipes!

Well, i think my writing mood has passed....I'll write more about those recipes later. Ciao everyone!


4 comments:

Jennica said...

You didn't talk to me on the phone. :p

I've been hungry for enchiladas & tacoritos!

Mom said...

Wow! What beautiful scenery! Hard to believe you are living there.

Adina said...

The water is beautiful! Good luck on the job search!

Mz.kYLee said...

jennica: oh, you know what I mean!!! Yeah, I've been hungry for those two things also! But they're so much work!

Mom: Yeah, I know! It still doesn't seem real. It's all a dream! haha

Adina: Isn't it though?! Thanks! I hope I can find a job soon, but it's not looking so good...