Thursday, September 15, 2011

Two updates in one week! Is that a record? ;)

Diego didn't want yogurt, so he ate watermelon instead. It was pretty good watermelon too. Very sweet!
I just got back from Yogurtland! It's oh, so good! 10 oz. of yogurt and toppings for $3...not bad. I love to mix the flavors. I got mainly pistachio and mango, but also a dab of oatmeal cookie and red velvet cake. The first two are my faves, I didn't really like the last two that much. The best part was when i sprinkled graham cracker crumbs on top. yum!!! it gave everything a delicious flavor. I also added banana, kiwi, strawberry, sprinkles, a tiny bit of condensed milk, a dab of cheesecake and cookie dough...and i think that's it. It was divine! ;)

But enough about my yogurt....So yeah, Diego got his paycheck today and wanted to Harbor Freight Tools to buy some tools that he's been needing for work. So I rode along. We stopped by the yogurt place on our way back! ;)

some weird looking welding helmet that i saw...
haha i was bored so i was taking pictures of random things that stood out to me...
diego posing with a giant wrench.

For some reason, I really liked these key rings. Aren't they cute?

Today I had a job interview @ Sylvan Learning Center in Torrance ( about 15-20 min from here).  The interview seemed to go extremely well. Everyone was very, very friendly and they seemed extremely interested in me.  I think it helped that I was willing to tutor any age group.  Unfortunately, they wouldn't need me until later on...sometime around December or January probably, which is when they will begin their SAT tutoring. They did refer me to the sylvan center in Palos Verdes. They said that they would possibly hire me to help them with some elementary tutoring in October. So at least I have a lead. All of the tutoring is between 4 and 9pm so it could even if I ever do find a full time day job, this could be additional income and experience.

Oh, I got a voicemail from this place called Behavior Frontier. I had applied for a position as a behavior specialist--working with autistic children.  So I will be calling them tomorrow to get some info and hopefully schedule a job interview.  Special Ed has never been my forte and hasn't been a big interest of mine; however, if I can get a job, some experience and some benefits, then I'm all for it.  I really could use the experience and I think there would be a lot of training involved. I'm not sure if it would be a part time or full time position, but if it's full time I could get health benefits! yay! I won't get my hopes up yet though.

I'm also looking into some volunteer opportunities. I'm extremely interested in becoming a CASA volunteer ( court appointed advocate for foster children) and also an adult literacy tutor. They are both things that I've always been extremely interested in, plus they would be EXCELLENT things to put on my resume. The CASA position involves 30 hrs. worth of training and would probably be a great way to get my foot in the door of the nonprofit world.

So things are looking up. I'm definitely seeing more opportunities opening up. I've just got to wait for the right one. Praying that the right job will come my way!  :)

Anyways, so let's see...what's been going on over the past couple days...

On Monday evening, we showed Larry and alicia how to get to the trail by the Trump Golf course. We got there right at sunset, so we didn't really have much time to walk around. The moon was absolutely gorgeous that night! It was a full moon and it was so bright! So we drove over to Point Fermin Park to look @ it. Mom had texted me earlier and told me to look @ the moon and she was right, it was beautiful! After the park, we drove over to Port o'calls village. Alicia knew that I'd been wanting to check it out. It was almost closing so we didn't get to look around, but we did stop @ one of the seafood restaurants on the water.
1/2 pd. shrimp w/ potatoes and green peppers in some sort of sauce


I wish I liked seafood! Since we're on the coast, it's all about the seafood out here. Especially in San Pedro it seems.

On Tuesday, I went on a hike @ Trump, but didn't get to hike very long because I had to go pick D up. His truck wouldn't start and he needed to go get some sort of belt @ the vaccuum store. So I ran him over there.

Here are a couple pics that I snapped @ the trail before i left:
It was the first time I'd ever seen anyone golfing up on that little hill....

After that, I decided to check out this duck park that d's boss had told me about.  It was a cute little place.  There was a really big pond with lots of ducks, there were a lot of picnic areas, a walking path, and some pretty landscape. It would be a nice place for a cookout/picnic. Here are a few pics:

I liked the lighting in this picture...it looks so bright!
Don't you just love this hill?!

On Wednesday, I got a surprise package in the mail! Mom, Dad and Jennica mailed me some their delicious birthday/anniversary cake! It was so yummy! Thanks guys! It was so great that you thought of me! You made my day! Love you!





Other than that...have been trying to start working on party planning for Kristina's bridal shower. Can't post any details though. You'll have to wait until next spring to find out ;) I love planning things like this. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun! Maybe i'll start a party planning/catering business some day. ;)

Here are a couple random photos from my shopping trip today:

Miniature appetizer silverware! how cute, huh?!

Here are a couple more random pics from the past week or two.
The raccoons @ Point Fermin Park
Pancakes i made for supper some night last week
My card from M&D!
That's cactus cooking on the left...it's a mexican thing....
haha i cracked up when i saw this machine @ a Subway. I would never see one of these back in the midwest. I could rarely even find horchata in the mexican restaurants back there...:P
Seaweed....Edgar and Rachel made me try it....it was nasty..
di
Diego sure liked it though! That's rachel's new bedframe and bedspread in the background. I was totally looking @ that bedspread @ target last month!
Giant mangoes that D's dad picked up @ the market
Love this book!
These are the books I got from the library...
This is a classic!
Sign that it's laundry time! haha
Chicken tostadas that i made Monday....




Well, that's all folks! I'm watching the end of "Gone in 60 Seconds" and then I'm heading to bed. Nighty night!

1 comment:

Jennica said...

That duck park/pond looks like a nice place.

You're making me hungry for tostadas!