It's Friday!!! yay! I thought we had plans for tomorrow--we were supposed to go to some stand up comedy show that D's boss's husband was going to be performing in-- but I guess he's not going to be performing so now we don't really have plans. So that kind of stinks! I like to have something planned, otherwise we usually don't do much. So I've taken up the habit of looking through the Los Angeles event calenders each weekend looking for free or cheap events.
This weekend there is a Polish festival, a cherry blossom festival in Little Tokoya, and a worldwide poetry fest. The Polish festival costs $5 to enter and there didn't seem to be a lot of events scheduled or any food that sounded good, so I think that's out. The poetry fest sounds extremely interesting to me, but I doubt anyone else would want to go. Especially Diego. So I would guess that the Cherry Blossom festival would be our best bet. It only costs $1 to enter and it sounds pretty interesting. They have quite a few performances schedules and a bunch of different vendors/booths. So we'll see what happens. I think Diego and I might go to this free origami class @ the library in the morning. I've always been interested in origami and I think this sounds pretty fun. I'd really like to check it out!
My mini rant of the day would be about nosy, rude, inconsiderate people who have no sense of what manners are. There's this one guy here @ the apartment complex who is pretty annoying. He's always hanging around nosing out people's business. Yesterday I drove up in my car and his first question was "How much did you pay for that?" What kind of question is that? This guy isn't a family member or close friend...so it's just rude to ask things like that. He kept asking and I kept avoiding his question. He went on to tell me about this one vehicle that he bought for $15,000, which was half of its original price. But then it got repoed, blah blah blah. Seriously? You're going to willing bring up the topic of your vehicle being repossessed? But I guess I'm giving this guy more credit than he deserves. This is the guy who was giving Diego tips on how to live for free. He said that he just pretends to have a mental illness so that he can get government assistance. He and his gf just walk around in their pajamas all day and never work. They're young so I don' t know WHY they're even living @ this senior living home. Anyways, people like that just annoy me to death.
There are actually some interesting people that live here. There's this one guy who used to be in a band. There's an older gentleman who used to be a piano teacher. Diego said that he has a grand piano in his living room that takes up like the entire room. I asked D to ask him if he would be willing to give piano lessons and he said yes! So I might start taking lessons. Wouldn't that be cool? Anyways, there are a bunch of veterans and just older people who have a lot of stories to tell. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of annoying people who are just tired and grumpy all the time. :P
I got a call the other day about a job position as an editor for technical documents. It sounds like the most boring job in the world, but the company seems pretty great. They work for a lot of high profile clients like NASA. They're supposed to be sending me some questions because they require writing samples and I would have to take a bunch of tests to see if they're even interested in me. So....yeah, there would probably be good health benefits.
So I've spent most of the day working on the apartment. I cleaned the bathroom. Picked up the living room and tried to organize the bedroom. It's so difficult trying to squeeze everything into this tiny apartment!
Here are a couple random pictures I took yesterday:
So you probably noticed that my blog has a new look...what do you think? Do you like it? Yay? nay? I found another background (it's green!) that I really like so i'll probably switch it again in a couple months. Also, I'm starting an additional blog which will be devoted solely to baking( and maybe some cooking, food in general). I'm still trying to put it together. But i'll basically be posting the recipes that i try over there. I'll probably still reference my recipes over on this blog, but will be more in depth over there. I'm also thinking about starting a couple additional blogs ( more like pages) devoted to specific topics such as travel and then the Los Angeles area. I have had a difficult time finding out about things in the San Pedro area, there don't seem to be a lot of things online. So I thought I might devote a blog to reviewing places ( recreational, restaurants, stores, etc.) in the Los Angeles area, particularly the Southbay area ( especially San Pedro, Palos Verdes, etc.) I think it might be a good reference for someone who wants to visit San Pedro or is new to the area.
Anyways, that's it for now. I'm gonna try to figure something out for supper and then maybe try this new recipe that I found for Lemon Bars.
Happy Friday everyone! :)
This weekend there is a Polish festival, a cherry blossom festival in Little Tokoya, and a worldwide poetry fest. The Polish festival costs $5 to enter and there didn't seem to be a lot of events scheduled or any food that sounded good, so I think that's out. The poetry fest sounds extremely interesting to me, but I doubt anyone else would want to go. Especially Diego. So I would guess that the Cherry Blossom festival would be our best bet. It only costs $1 to enter and it sounds pretty interesting. They have quite a few performances schedules and a bunch of different vendors/booths. So we'll see what happens. I think Diego and I might go to this free origami class @ the library in the morning. I've always been interested in origami and I think this sounds pretty fun. I'd really like to check it out!
My mini rant of the day would be about nosy, rude, inconsiderate people who have no sense of what manners are. There's this one guy here @ the apartment complex who is pretty annoying. He's always hanging around nosing out people's business. Yesterday I drove up in my car and his first question was "How much did you pay for that?" What kind of question is that? This guy isn't a family member or close friend...so it's just rude to ask things like that. He kept asking and I kept avoiding his question. He went on to tell me about this one vehicle that he bought for $15,000, which was half of its original price. But then it got repoed, blah blah blah. Seriously? You're going to willing bring up the topic of your vehicle being repossessed? But I guess I'm giving this guy more credit than he deserves. This is the guy who was giving Diego tips on how to live for free. He said that he just pretends to have a mental illness so that he can get government assistance. He and his gf just walk around in their pajamas all day and never work. They're young so I don' t know WHY they're even living @ this senior living home. Anyways, people like that just annoy me to death.
There are actually some interesting people that live here. There's this one guy who used to be in a band. There's an older gentleman who used to be a piano teacher. Diego said that he has a grand piano in his living room that takes up like the entire room. I asked D to ask him if he would be willing to give piano lessons and he said yes! So I might start taking lessons. Wouldn't that be cool? Anyways, there are a bunch of veterans and just older people who have a lot of stories to tell. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of annoying people who are just tired and grumpy all the time. :P
I got a call the other day about a job position as an editor for technical documents. It sounds like the most boring job in the world, but the company seems pretty great. They work for a lot of high profile clients like NASA. They're supposed to be sending me some questions because they require writing samples and I would have to take a bunch of tests to see if they're even interested in me. So....yeah, there would probably be good health benefits.
So I've spent most of the day working on the apartment. I cleaned the bathroom. Picked up the living room and tried to organize the bedroom. It's so difficult trying to squeeze everything into this tiny apartment!
Here are a couple random pictures I took yesterday:
| Double showerhead that Diego rigged up. He's always obsessed with really nice showerheads for some reason.... |
| Game called Cupcake wars that D was playing. haha. It's hilarious...Sorry the screen is a little dusty :P |
| Some cute earrings that I saw @ Target a few days ago... |
Anyways, that's it for now. I'm gonna try to figure something out for supper and then maybe try this new recipe that I found for Lemon Bars.
Happy Friday everyone! :)
2 comments:
If you do the origami, you need to post some pictures!
Yeah, I like the new background!
Isn't there some way you could do the other pages without creating a whole new blog? Maybe you can't do that on blogspot though...
You should definitely take piano lessons from that guy!
Post a Comment