One of the vocab words that I'm discussing with my class this week is 'seek'.....I was looking for some images to use as an example of seeking and i came across this one. I really like this photo and Scripture. Such simple words, yet so complex....
It's been a busy week. This class has been keeping me extremely busy. I have been getting a bit frustrated with my students and their attendance. I have a small class already so when one or two students don't show up, it really makes things difficult. I have one student who has only been to class TWICE in three weeks. There's not a whole lot that I can do in the area of consequences. A couple of the students are only going to be here for another month or so and then will be heading back to their home countries. The school only requires that they are in class 75% of the time, so the students take advantage of that "free" 25 percent. lol.
D and I had our second Boys town interview on Monday. They spent the first part of the interview trying to convince us that the job is too difficult. haha Then they asked us about ten questions, which weren't TOO difficult. They said that they would be interviewing more people and would then choose who goes on to the next round of interviews. I walked away feeling semi-confident. I thought we did ok... Not the best maybe, but not bad. D on the other hand, was not feeling very confident at all. I think he has pretty much been convinced that we have no chance of getting the job. So he's been moping around the house ever since Monday.
But he was wrong..... they called us this afternoon and want to meet with us on Monday for a third interview. So we made it to the next round! I have mixed feelings about it all. While I'm excited, I'm also extremely anxious because I realize that it's a gigantic commitment and will be life changing. If we get the job, our lives will be so different for the next two years. It's scary, yet exciting. So we'll see how this next interview goes....
Other than work, not too much has been happening. I spent all Tuesday night working on laundry while D went golfing w/ his bros. I met a pretty cool senior down in the laundry room and we chatted between loads of laundry. haha A nice change from the usual crabby old ladies that I typically run in to down there :P I've also talked to Jennica for a LONG time two nights in a row. It was really nice! I feel like we can both be so busy sometimes that it's hard to stay in touch like we want to...
This week I've tried a couple new/different foods and have been trying to focus on healthy eating. (Well, except for that cheesecake I bought the other day.....)
Cold pasta salad that I made for the first time... whole wheat pasta w/ pesto sauce, mozzarella pieces, and cherry tomatoes. Next time, I will probably add fresh basil. It seemed to be missing a little something, so I added some parm cheese and garlic salt and that seemed to help. It's pretty tasty!
I've been on a pita chip kick so I bought some hummus. I've been wanting to try it for awhile, but just never had. It's made from garbanzo beans (chick peas) which I ADORE, so I figured it must be pretty good. Fresh n' Easy was running a deal--2 for $5 so I bought two flavors-- pesto and roasted tomato. My fave is the pesto...the other was ok. Maybe I'll try to make my own sometime...
Okay, well time to head to bed. Night everyone!
1 comment:
Congrats on getting to interview 3! I don't want to jinx you, but I've had the feeling it's going to work out... mm, that pasta salad looks good!
Post a Comment