Time sure does fly...I swear the weekend just began! ;) hehe My class went really smoothly last week. I enjoyed teaching and things seem to be falling into a rhythm. Hopefully, this week will go just as well, if not better! :)
Here's my weekend in review....
Friday: I worked until 5. D and I decided to drive over to his fam's house. Most of his fam was going to Las Vegas this weekend and he wanted to go see what was up. First, we stopped to grab something to eat. We were really hungry for Chinese food (noodles and mango sticky rice!) but ended up eating @ King Tacos.
 |
| This place was SUPER busy! There was a long line almost to the door. Craziness! It's a really popular place... |
 |
| We ordered a burrito and a couple carne asada tacos. They were okay, but D had accidentally ordered red salsa on them. It wasn't very good and it was super spicy. My mouth was on fire to the point where i couldn't even enjoy my food. D didn't like it either. So next time, we will either get the green salsa or go salsa-less. |
 |
| We had ordered a couple tamales, but they were out so they gave us nachos instead. They look extremely unhealthy, but they tasted soooo good! |
 |
| D and Jessie playing some new airplane video game that they're obsessed with. |
 |
| D's boss gave him a new iphone. I'm thinking he might want to track him :p haha No, but he gave all the employees a new phone. i guess he wants to be able to contact them at all times or something. |
Saturday:
We slept in and kind of chillaxed around the apartment. D made breakfast--egg sandwiches! They tasted pretty good!
 |
| Egg w/ mayo and cheese on toasted garlic bread. Yumm! I had never had an egg sandwich before... |
D and I went to the 5:00 service at church. Glad we decided to go on Saturday because the pastor was supposed to be gone on Sunday....so it worked out well! Afterwards, we met up with Jacob and Berenice to see a movie and go out for dinner. The theater was PACKED! It was insane! A bunch of new movies came out this weekend so I guess that's why. We were originally going to see "Warhorse" but it was full so we ended up going to see "We Bought a Zoo" which was really good. I had been trying to get D to go see it for the past month or so! hehe So it worked out well! :D
Sunday:
 |
| We stopped by Starbucks on our way to Men's Wearhouse....I got a caramel frappuccino and it was delicious! |
 |
| D got fitted for his tux for the wedding..... |
 |
| The wedding is less than four months away! I need to go try on bridesmaid dresses...I'll hopefully do that next weekend... |
 |
| Next, we stopped by Sam's Club to pick up some groceries...Look at all that healthy food! ;) |
At the last minute (it was only an hour or so until sunset)...D and I decided to drive down to Trabuco Canyon where the Boys Town campus is located so that we could look around a bit. It was an hour drive and we got there right before it got dark. We weren't able to see the campus because they had a No Trespassing sign posted, but it was nice to see the area. It's a lot different than LA that's for sure!
Trabuco Canyon is a little town that's located inland near the mountains. It's close to a bunch of cities such as Lake Forest, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Mission Viejo. I'm not a big fan of this particular area ( from what I've seen anyways)...it's a real cookie cutter, ritzy area and I swear it's right out of Stepford Wives. Definitely not my cup of tea. Just to give you an idea of the type of place...they film 'The Real Housewives of OC' around this area. Bleh! Anyways, Trabuco Canyon seems a lot different...it's down in the valley with the mountains towering overhead. It's kind of out in the boonies and there are a bunch of curvy, dirt roads. Our GPS lead us back towards the woods and there is a quaint little cantina right near the entrance of the campus. We couldn't see very far, but it looks like the campus is probably located back in the woods towards the base of the mountain, so very secluded. It actually looks REALLY nice!
I don't like the ritzy neighboring cities, but I think that I could really like Trabuco Canyon! It's like a whole different world....It seems like a really nice place. However, there were signs about flooding ( since it's near the valley) and I was reading online that they do get forest fires. Yikes! That sounds kind of scary!
We have our interview this evening....I'm really anxious about it. I know that this position could have a lot of positives AND negatives. We're just praying that we make the right choice and that God will direct us in the way that we should go.
 |
| Trying to find Trabuco Canyon...see the Santa Ana Mountains in the distance? Sorry about the glare on the windshield.. |
 |
| Near the boys town campus.. |
 |
| The campus is right down that road...the cantina is to the right... |
 |
| Near the riverbed... |
 |
| When we got home, we stopped by our favorite Thai restaurant for take out... |
 |
| Carry out! |
 |
| Yum! |
 |
| We ordered egg rolls, chicken fried rice, chicken chow mein, and some soup w/ noodles that D wanted...They didn't have mango sticky rice. :( That's what we REALLY wanted... |
 |
| Soup w/ noodles |
Well, that's it for now. I'll let you know how the interview goes....
2 comments:
I hope your interview went well!
You have too had an egg sandwich before! :p
Post a Comment